1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

40 Tula

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

SBLasher
    (6/30/01 1:19:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 40 Tula
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just bought a 40 Tula 91\39 all matching on the boards, and as near as I can tell there are no production numbers for this rifle...stopped at 39 and picked back up in 42 or 3....
    What do ya think?? alittle rare maybe???
    I know Moisin production numbers are a bit off, still sound like a deal.

Lash
    c:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\vintovkamax.art

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (6/30/01 8:15:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 40 Tula
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It does seem a bit rare. I have seen a ton of these with 1939 dates - it must have been a year of mass production. Then I have seen a few with the mid-40s dates, but I have never seen a 1940 date. You might scout around at Tuco's and see what feedback you get.
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (6/30/01 5:15:29 pm)
    The Russians moved the some of the Tula plant beyond the Urals before the Germans invaded, but actually had production at both plants for awhile before the Germans took Tula, (I'm PRETTY sure, anyway)and Russian propaganda had this as part of the "Evacuation in the Face of the Fascists."

Tula was occupied by the 6th Army on the drive to Stalingrad, but not til '42.

I'm wondering if this one MAY be production from the "new" temporary "Tula" plant east of the Volga. '40 would have been around the time they set it up...

Have you seen any '41, '42 Tula dates? When the Germans were driven out after the Stalingrad offensive, production resumed at the old Tula plant, would have been '43 I think.

SBLasher
    (7/1/01 12:58:52 am)
    No Polish,
    I have never seen a Tula earlier that 43, other that the hex reciever 91 conversions.. I admit I dont know a lot about this issue...I guess I bought the rifle to prove that to myself...lol
    When it arrives I will let ya know what I see.
    Your theory sounds realistic.... your knowledge of history always astounds me...
    Lash
    c:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\vintovkamax.art

polishshooter
    (7/1/01 6:23:04 am)
    Actually Steve, while I bask in the lavish praise, most of this I got from combining what's on Tuco's site, with what I read recently and in the past about the Eastern Front.

Add a little intuitive reasoning to two or more sources and PRESTO! INSTANT EXPERT!!!!

Anybody can do it.

Bob In St Louis
    (7/1/01 8:41:46 am)
    OK - got a good recipe for homemade kielbasa?
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

polishshooter
    (7/1/01 10:11:44 am)
    First, take real pig guts...