The Firearms Forum banner

400 lb buck

9K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  focusmaniaczx3 
#1 ·
is this for real? Shot in Maine.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Yep it's there and real, but IMO that deer couldnt have been a healthy deer with a normal whitetail "life". It isnt normal for one to be that big, not naturally in my opinion.

#11 ·
Nope not me either. I looked at their website and kinda go a little PO'ed. All those sportsmen on there with their cheesey assed grins and white coller pompas assed smirks. Thats hunting for the city folk that get lost in their own back yard.

#19 ·
I'd be more proud of the public land 8pt with a 13 inch spread I killed a few years back then I would be of that buck. Some ranches in Texas are high fence but they contain 10000 acres. That would be ok I guess but it still wouldn't be as much of an accomplishment in my mind as a deer killed on my little farm or public land.

#20 ·
I had a guy that worked (when we both were in the working world) for me that used to take hunting trips to Saskatchewan. He was one that wouldn't shoot a small (for up there) animal and would come home empty handed if he didn't get a shot a a large animal. He got one deer that weighed 310 and in the photo the thing looked like a steer on the ground with him holding the 10 point antlers. Maine has some big deer but not that big.

#21 ·
all i can say is good luck getting that one down from the mountains jack! that just takes all the fun out of it basically having a deer lead out to you so you can shoot it. its just unsporting. biggest deer i have ever seen in person was about the same as the one that bobitis posted. it might have been 200-250lbs. i wouldnt eat a bit of that 400lb mammoth. what a waste because i doubt he did either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.