1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

41 cal rimfire

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by fastaccuraterose, Jan 31, 2012.

1. fastaccuraterose

fastaccuraterose New Member

i have a remington over under and am looking for ammo. any help on locating it would be helpful.
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

3. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Hate to be the bearer of bad new, but all I know about is from here...

http://www.ammo-one.com/41-SHORT-R-F.html

and it's about $10 a bullet...

Its an obsolete cartridge and hasnt been produced in many years other than a small run for Navy Arms a number of years ago..

Good luck!! Maybe someone else has some better info...
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The ammo does turn up from time to time and companies used to turn some out every 10 years or so, but I haven't seen any new stuff lately as the ammo companies have had no "break" in which to produce odd-ball ammo.

I strongly recommend you check that Remington very carefully at the hinge; many are cracked. While the main cause of cracking was probably "flipping" the gun open, one with a cracked hinge should not be fired as the crack will only become worse. In fact, I recommend not firing that derringer at all; if you want a derringer to shoot, there are much newer and stronger guns. The point is not just "a collector's warning." A NIB Remington derringer with some markings could bring enough to buy a small car, so avoiding breakage is not just academic.

As a purely practical matter, the Remington, as you may know, has a mainspring a bit like one on a Ford truck. While they appear in the movies to be easy to use, they really are quite difficult.

Jim