.410 double help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by me2, Dec 9, 2012.

1. me2

me2 New Member

hi yall, i need some help i have a stevens .410 double that i want to fix so im looking for year and such, below is the info....

on the right side of the recever it says Stevens model 311D savage arms westfield massU.S.A.

nothing on the bottom or left side of the receiver

on the right barrel it says selected forged steel =7v)
    on the left barrel it says proof tested .410 bore 3" chamber 5v)

that is all i see i dont see any serial numbers

it was my dads gun and it was in a fire so i want to get new wood for it and a spring kit, dad is gone now and id like to fix it up. thanks for any help...

PS: i know that its not that safest thin to do to shoot a burnt gun but i have test fired several shots through it and its holding together fine (i just have to keep stretching the springs so it hits hard enough to fire)

thanks
  2. me2

me2 New Member

so 137 people have read this and nobody knows anything about this gun?
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. me2

me2 New Member

5. packetsplace

packetsplace New Member

The Stevens mod 311 is a utility grade gun. Nothing fancy but sturdy. I would have it checked by a gunsmith before you proceed. What condition are the stocks in? You may be able to refinish. I prefer to do this if I can to the guns I restore. It retains alot of the character.
  6. RJay

RJay Active Member

Patience little grasshopper, the world does not revolve around you, I know that is a shock to your ego, but true none the less.:cool:
  7. me2

me2 New Member

wood was about 50% gone :( so i got to get new ones or used ones. thanks