.410 gauge, 2" shells

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 1952Sniper, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I'm interested in buying a couple of the old Enfield conversions that are chambered for .410 gauge shotgun shells, but they only take 2" shells. As I understand it, this caliber is obsolete.

Is there any company out there that sells this size shotgun shells?

Is there a way to create my own, by shortening a 2-1/2" shell? I've heard about being able to resize a fire-formed .303 case for this purpose but would rather not go that route.

Any suggestions?
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

You may want to look at the Old Western Scrounger. I did not come up with any loaded shells for the 2", but I did come up with empty brass for a long and short 410 shotshell! You may want to call and ask!

Okay, here ya go. First set of shells, third from the bottom:

.410 2" shotshell

Another One
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Muchas gracias, IPT!

Now if I can just figure out how to order from those guys. Or how to convert pounds to dollars. :confused: (I thought they were on Euros now)
  4. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

You could just drive and pick em up!! LOL!!!

Attached Files:

5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sniper, see if they take "PayPal". A lot do. I have been using PayPal for three years and never had a problem. Send them an email! PayPal take care of the conversion. I have bought camera equipment from GB with no problem. GB refuses to convert to Euro's!

Or, like Tuck said, take a little drive over there and pick it up yerself! :D :D :D :D
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Dixie Arms used to carry brass for such, but I haven't looked for a couple of years.

Pops
  7. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Thanks for the input, guys. One of the liks IPT listed was for Kent Gamebore cartridges. They are just the manufacturer, but I emailed them and asked where I can buy these shells. They are available through Ballistic Products. They only cost $6.95 per box of 20, which ain't too terribly bad. Here's the link: http://www.ballisticproducts.com/1_...ories/Prod_ammo/t3-ammo/Gamebore/gamebore.htm

I think I'll be ordering that Enfield .410 conversion this morning, as well as some ammo. Thanks again!