1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

416 Rigby owner

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by dragman, Feb 25, 2011.

1. dragman

dragman New Member

Just looking for the 416 rigby owners out there.
  2. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

My sister owns one. Its Magna-ported and has a pair of 12 guage buffers in the buttstock. She doesn't weigh much so its all necessary. Its not easy for her to shoot offhand so she doesn't have a lot of time in that position before it becomes a problem, but there's always a tree or a fence around.
    On the range she bags it.

Should have mentioned that its a CZ550 African Safari.

Latigo
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. dragman

dragman New Member

do you know what she is paying for ammo??? I got a deal and I am trying to decide if it was a good enough deal to buy the gun or if I should just flip the ammo.
  4. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

She hasn't bought ammo except for one box since she got it. She reloads.

Latigo
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

dangit ZFK, I was gonna say to the OP, "good luck, too much recoil..." but since a GIRL owns and shoots one, Guess I gotta go get me a .577 TREX so my manhood remains intact... My shoulder hates you right now...;)
  6. zfk55

zfk55 New Member

:D Don't feel bad. Her only real problem is the weight in relation to her body size. The buffers and porting and with a Pachmayer Decellerator takes most of the bite out of it. It ends up being more like a .308. The buffers add some weight to it, and that's not really a good thing for hauling it around. Don't ask who does most of the" hauling" when she uses it. :rolleyes: I'm a sucker for my sister, most of the time.
  7. dragman

dragman New Member

Recoil is no biggie for me I am still young and dumb :D and I am a big guy.
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

me too drag, im only 26. But dangit i hate gettn whopped by a hard recoiling rifle. Its hard to maintain trigger control and proper shooting form when you know the shot is gonna hurt...
  9. firelegs22

firelegs22 New Member

I used to say the same thing JLA, but when I was 16 my uncle put me through an "anti-flinching exerscise". I held his m44 nagant and I was blindfolded. He would pull the trigger without me knowing when it would happen. I had to stop after 12 rounds because I was so shaken up, but I have NEVER had issues with heave recoil or recoil-anticipation agian. Looking back, I am glad he did that to me. I am also glad that he didnt use his 45/70 lever gun.
  10. dragman

dragman New Member

27 here. I shoot alot for my job so I don't mind the recoil. once you shoot so many different types of guns and calibers it all becomes kinda robotic weather your shooting a .22 or a 460 weatherby mag.
  11. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I have a Ruger # 1 in .416 Rigby.
  12. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I am big as well, 6-6 and 275 lbs. Unfortunately, smaller people handle recoil much better than us big folks. I have a muzzle brake on my 7mm 08. I have a muzzle brake on about everything except my benchrest rifles. The only reason they dont have them is the rule book wont let me.
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm a skinny rake nowdays , but shoot my ruger no 1 in .416 rigby and my mac in .416 che tac