.44 mag bullet choice

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by kar298, May 4, 2004.

1. kar298

kar298 New Member

2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Very expensive for paper punching. Try a good cast bullet in the same weight.
  3. kar298

kar298 New Member

4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I have no problem with it as I shoot mainly cast for paper punching. However, you URL shows that out of a 5 star rating it rated two stars. Go figure!

250 cast bullets should be about $17.50 for a 240 grain. Why spend double that for punching holes?????????????????????
    Last edited: May 4, 2004
  5. kar298

kar298 New Member

well if you read the reviews that are left they are people complaing that those bullets left a lot of copper on the gas piston in there desert eagle 44 and since i am using a revolver that does not matter to me
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Then buy what you want!!!! I do not care if you pay 27.50 per hundred or 275.00 per hundred, your choice. You asked for an opinion, I gave you mine. If you do not like my opinion, then go buy the latest craze in high priced hunting bullets for your paper punching. It does not matter one bit to me. I prefer inexpensive cast bullets for punching holes in paper. Saves a whole lot of money in the end and that is one reason we handload, low price, accurate ammo! Never heard of anyone looking for the most expensive plinking load Sorta rules out the theory don't you think?

Since it left a lot of copper in the gas system, meaning it is very soft, what do you think they found in the barrel???????????
  7. kar298

kar298 New Member

ok ok sorry but i am still learning ok i wasnt sure you could use the all lead ones in a regualr double action revolver ok how do these look then for my redhawk http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/838138 also plano what do you shoot in your 44 mag

thanks
    kevin

edit: does it matter if the bullets are .429 or .430 in diameter?
  8. ACC

ACC New Member

Kar298:
    Either dia will work for you.Lead is always a good choice if you are just going to plink, or punch holes,cost factor of course.but load with what you feel comfortable with,if cost is not a factor, and performance is,then get the best you can buy.I always load my personal loads to what I am going to carry,and I use only the best,components,I do that for my customers also,only the best.
  9. Kevro869

Kevro869 New Member

10. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Kevin, sorry for jumping like that, I apologize. I use any Keith type bullet, the one you have listed is of that type. It is called a Semi Wad Cutter due to the shape of it's nose. It was originally designed by Elmer Keith in his famous 44 loads.