1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

44 Mag Test

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Kevro869, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Kevro869

Kevro869 New Member

This is dad shooting his Dan Wesson 44 mag. The bullet is a 200 gr. plated flatpoint using either Unique or 2400. I guess you could say it's a blast to shoot...

Attached Files:

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Great picture, Kev.

SoMo and I were just talking the other day about wanting a similar picture of my S&W 629 as it's being fired.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Cool pic, Kev!!

BTW, Welcome to TFF!! :)
  4. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I like the pic. That is some great timing. Now can you catch a auto in motion?
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Must be using 2400 powder. I have not known Unique to give off that much muzzle flash. Better if you take the picture at night. This way you can open the shutter and then fire the bullet and all will be spectacular! That seems like a right stout load he is using! Is the pliers and rod on the table so he can get the fired cases out of the cylinder? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  6. Kevro869

Kevro869 New Member

Inplanotx Wrote:

Is the pliers and rod on the table so he can get the fired cases out of the cylinder?

Kevin Writes:

Unfortunately yes. To get the picture I used the burst mode on my Kodak digital. In burst mode the camera will take 3pics/sec until the shutter button is released. This is the only method I can think of to capture such a quick blast.

BTW, great forum!! There seem to be a wealth of information here, however its going to take awhile to read through all of it!!

P.S. This is what happens to a Chrony when one gets careless with a nine...Ooops...

Attached Files:

7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Kevro, welcome to TFF. Glad to have y'all aboard with us. Lots of good people around so have fun. My first chronograph was a Chrony too. After the sixth shot, I put a 45-70 405 gr bullet through it. Nothin left but parts. Went out and bought an Oehler with the three skyscreens. Can put it closer and no problems in two years!

Excellent photo! Try one at night!

By the way...............SEMPER FI

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004