1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

44 spl. S/W

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Adelbertcat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Adelbertcat

Adelbertcat New Member

I recently purchased some reloding equipment at an estate sale. There were 220 loaded 44 spl rounds with it. A friend of mine has a 44 mag. I was wondering if it's safe to shoot 44 spl in a 44 mag like it is for 38 spl in a 357 mag?

Thanks.
  2. muddober

muddober Active Member

Yes it is very safe to shoot 44 spcl in a 44 mag but I would be very reluctant to shoot any reloads that I could not confirm who loaded them. I am sure you would agree that your hands, eyes and perhaps even your life is not worth gambling with for the price of 4 boxes of cartridges that you don't know the origin. I would either pull the bullets to save the cases and bullets or look for the closest trash can.
  3. Adelbertcat

Adelbertcat New Member

Thanks for the info Muddober
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

muddober said it all!!! I totally agree.

LDBennett
  5. Jim White

Jim White New Member

Shooting .44 Special from a .44 Magnum pistol is like shooting .38 Special from a .357 Magnum. Is it safe? "Yes". A Special is not as powerful as a Magnum load, but it'll suffice.