.45 ACP and .45 Auto ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Ernie1, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

Hey everybody. I am just getting into hand guns and have a question about ammo. I have recently puchased a Para LDA .45. The barrel has .45 ACP stamped in into it. Can I shoot .45 auto ammo through this gun? I haved searched the internet and have found both answers yes and no but no reasoning to either answer. I have even called Para and asked them and there answer was "technically no" and he wouldn't elaborate on it anyfarther when I asked what "technically no" meant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Hi Ernie, welcome to the forum, a great bunch of the people around here. Yes you can shoot 45 Auto in your gun marked 45 ACP, 45 Auto and 45 ACP are the same thing. The ACP stands for Automatic Colt Pistol, which I believe was the first gun to utilize this cartridge but not the only one now a days.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I'm surprised Para gave you such a flaky answer. Xaiver is correct.

I wanted to get the Para 9mm LDA, but KALIFORNIA took it off the PC gun list before I could get it.:mad: But I just ordered the Para fullsize 9mm single action. ! Woo Hoo!! It'll look beautiful next to my par'o Para's in .40 & .45!
  4. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

Thanks fella's. I had put the two rounds side by side and saw no difference in the rounds but I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess the gun up the first time time out. I was looking at the same 9mm pretty hard until this one came along at good deal so the 9mm is going to have to wait. Thanks again.