45 ACP Revolvers?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 45Smashemflat, Aug 8, 2004.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Any 45 ACP revolver fans out there? I've seen the Performance Center new "shorty 45" and now the new production 325 - 45 ACP with Scandium frame and Ti cylinder. What does the crowd think?
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

If the hole is that big around, I'd prefer the longer case.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I carried a Colt 1917 revolver in .45 autorim for many years before the police stole it. Used half-moon clips to fire .45 acp. Loved that old hogleg, but can't afford the $800+ to buy another.

Pops
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2004
  4. punchie

punchie Member

Lets see now. I am down to a 1917 Colt, a mod 25 6.5 inch and two 625s (3 inch and 5 inch). Yep, I do like them!!! Moon clips make for the fastest and most reliable speedloader that there is and the Calif Comp De-mooner is worth its weight in gold.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

I've got an Enfield (identical to Webley) Mk.VI converted to .45ACP. It's a fun shooter. Got a horrible double action trigger, but used single-action, it's a sweet and accurate gun.
  6. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

I agree, if I was gonna get a revolver I'd get one that at least fired the longer shell. Doesn't one of the .454 Casull revolvers fire .45 acp with moon clips? That would be a versatile gun. :eek:
  7. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Methinks the 454 casull wouldn't quite cut it as a concealed gun :)

Don't know that I'm gonna make the leap yet, but these smaller 45's look like they may be a better alternative to the 38 J Frame Smith that is my daily carry piece. Bigger punch and same ammo as my 1911's. Just not totally sold on how concealable they will be - plus I've got a fair amount invested in leather, etc for the 38.

I agree for general use - woods walking etc, a longer case 45 would be better, but I was thinking big bore concealment piece....
  8. Bucky Bronco

Bucky Bronco New Member

I just have to share this. I have a S&W 1955 Target in 45ACP, 6+" barrel. It cannot miss. The most accurate piece I have. It was given to me at a paltry price by one of America's unsung hero: Wild Bill Fuller. I'll give the nickel version of this man’s life. Wild Bill was a China Marine, one of Carlson's Raiders--WWII, and he was present at the Japanese surrender at Inchon. A Korean War vet, he helped train the first cadres of Korean National Police. He gave that up when he was ambushed in Inchon by a band of Korean supranationalists early one winter morning. He was found lying in the snow in a pool of his own blood with eight or nine dead bad guys around him. Beside him were empty clips and an issue 1911. He fought to the last bullet; he had either killed all his attackers or was left for dead. Bill carried a bullet in his hip, which gave him in his 80's a noticeable limp. He survived that ambush and joined the New Mexico's State Police. His partner in that service gave the aforementioned piece to him. He was recruited into the Bureau of Dangerous Drugs and Narcotics, which later became the DEA. He was trained by a fellow named Kelly who was one of Hoover's original agents --the "dirty dozen"--, a small hardcore team that, in the 1930's, cleaned up gangsters like Dillinger. When I met him he had retired from the DEA for years. All the local agents were in awe of him. I will reserve the stories I know about him in respect for his modesty. The thing is not one of his "war" stories were told to me by him, in striking contrast to John Kerry's rendition of his exploits. Wild Bill fought his countries enemies over decades and results of his deeds scream volumes. He is now with his Maker, likely his gunsmith, teaching the finer point on the care and feeding of a fine pistol. When they find me, come the revolution, I’ll have that pistol at my side and they will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. It definitely is a keeper.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2004