.45 winchester magnum experience, anyone have any?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dammitman, May 20, 2009.

1. dammitman

dammitman Member

i am recieving in about a week a new gun that uses 45 winchester magnum ammunition. it is a very difficult to find round and basically you will have to load your own. of course its difficult to find most anything right now anyway so i figure whats the difference? anyone have any experience with this ammunition and any advise on load specs other than the "check the manuals" or "do your reasearch"? i dont need the mommy and daddy answers. because there were only a few guns made ever to use this round i doubt that there will be alot of real user advise and experience out there but i thought if any real users are around this would be the place to look.
  2. dammitman

dammitman Member

i take it from the lack of responce that no one who is on this website has any experience with 45 winchester magnum use. does anyone know of a larger base website that one could go to for a larger member base? i just recieved 2000 starline brass from midway that needs to be loaded and although i have basic info from the hodgdon website i was hoping for some actual experience from a real person. doesnt anyone use this caliber?
  3. knothead

knothead New Member

I don't have any experience with that round but i can tell you this, call the sierra tech line . they are very helpful even if you are not using their products. their # is 800-223-8799 8am to8pm good luck.