1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

.45 winchester magnum experience, anyone have any?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dammitman, May 20, 2009.

1. dammitman

dammitman Member

i am recieving in about a week a new gun that uses 45 winchester magnum ammunition. it is a very difficult to find round and basically you will have to load your own. of course its difficult to find most anything right now anyway so i figure whats the difference? anyone have any experience with this ammunition and any advise on load specs other than the "check the manuals" or "do your reasearch"? i dont need the mommy and daddy answers. because there were only a few guns made ever to use this round i doubt that there will be alot of real user advise and experience out there but i thought if any real users are around this would be the place to look.
  2. dammitman

dammitman Member

i take it from the lack of responce that no one who is on this website has any experience with 45 winchester magnum use. does anyone know of a larger base website that one could go to for a larger member base? i just recieved 2000 starline brass from midway that needs to be loaded and although i have basic info from the hodgdon website i was hoping for some actual experience from a real person. doesnt anyone use this caliber?
  3. knothead

knothead New Member

I don't have any experience with that round but i can tell you this, call the sierra tech line . they are very helpful even if you are not using their products. their # is 800-223-8799 8am to8pm good luck.