1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

450 lube /sizer

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by army mp, May 4, 2009.

1. army mp

army mp Member

I was lube /sizing some 357 lead and the pressure screw broke loose from the bushing. It looks like they are pressed on and peened over. I ordered a couple new ones from lyman they are cheap enough. $4.00 a piece, but lyman takes forever and a day, to ship, I was thinking of braising it back on till I get new parts. Anyone else try this. Or have a temporary fix.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have used my resizing / lubricator for about 30 years and have never had anything break on it, but mine is an RCBS Lube-A-Matic. You sure can't loose anything by trying, so give it a shot.
  3. griffon

griffon New Member

Mine pulled loose about 25 years ago and I just peened it back on. I figured the cause was the hard lube I was using. I decided that a bit of gentle heat would help.

Now I use a home-made heating plate and have had no further problems. I see that there are now heaters available from some of the reloading equipment suppliers.
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. army mp

army mp Member

The new part for the lube / sizer came today, Lyman surprised me, last time I ordered Die parts it took almost a month. These parts were here in a little over a week. They have changed the pressure screw , it is now a solid rod like a bolt, no more bushing on the end, this must have been a problem on the older 450s. I have had this press for about 15 years before it let loose
  5. NuJudge

NuJudge New Member

I broke several on a 450 years ago using just NRA formula lubricant. Can I suggest you use a little heat on your lubricator/sizer?

CDD