454 casull

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by MrWingnut10mm, Jan 30, 2004.

1. MrWingnut10mm

MrWingnut10mm New Member

am i correct in saying that the 454 has the same diamiter as the 45 ACP? if so how much longer is the casing than the 45?

alright, to most of you this is going to sound really stupid, but understand this is just a young man's dream. would it be possible to custom fit a regular 45 auto pistol to chamber a 454? or if thats not possible is there anybody out there that would make a custom pistol in 454? i just think it would be amazing to have a auto with a round that powerful.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

MrWingnut10mm, I'll take a Pic of the difference in casing size and post it up...don't know if I want one in semi-auto yet...still tryin' ta tame this "Wussy" caliber in Revolver...;)
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Here's the leetle beasts...'course the .454 bee's the one on da left...'cuz "Lefties Rule"...;)

Attached Files:

4. MrWingnut10mm

MrWingnut10mm New Member

youthink it would fit in a milled out 1911? with a modifyed clip of course?
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! I bee's thinkin' it would, but Law'd a'mercy don't know why y'all would even think a screwin' with a 1911...:confused: ...;) ...Leetle Sheet...:p
  6. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

that's a suicide gun if I ever heard of one.....:eek:

Next to the 500 S&W Magnum, the .454 Casull is just to big and hot for a semi-auto, me thinks the slide would end up firmly planted in your shootin eye......
  7. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

Woooo Weeeeee

I'm with Tony Mig on this one! :eek:
    I don't think the gun could handle the pressures that a .454 puts out when the powder ignites!