45acp ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by tundra01, May 14, 2009.

1. tundra01

tundra01 New Member

Sep 28, 2008
    KY
    A friend and myself went to walmart and tonight. I knew there was no reason to look for any handgun ammo, but I looked on the floor and there was lots of 45acp jhp ammo. The winchester 230gr jhp were $28.00 for a box of 50, and the Remington were $36.00 for a box of 230gr jhp for a box of a hundred. Together we bought 600 rounds of the remington. This is the first time they actually had this ammo when I was there in months. Didn't think I would every get excited over getting a few boxes 45's but I was this time.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

A while back i got the last box of 44mag ammo they had. The guy said 3 cases went in 20 minutes....
    My box had only been on the shelf 20 stinking minutes! WOW!!!

I keep asking these guys when do the shipments come in and they keep saying that its random. I think that is BS! They do too know "WHEN" they just won't tell ME! Obviously others have figured out their schedule. I on the other hand only stumble on a box or two now and then by accident....

mike
    gn

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    what are you gonna do with the brass after you fire it?

4. Goneracin

Goneracin Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    wow, this sucks. to make it worse, the local shop has plenty, but mothers day sucked me dry, i need cash to get ammo.

5. neal396

neal396 New Member

May 11, 2009
    Hollister,NC
    You're lucky! Wal Mart is slim pickings. I found 1 box of Winchester JHP for $28.00 and Blaser Brass FMJ for $15.00 50 rds at Walmart. I do find it amazing that a couple of years ago Blaser Brass was going for $7/box.

6. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Reload it!!!!!!!!!! :D

mike
    gn

7. I went to a local Wal-Mart Tuesday and found one box of Blaser 9mm, which went home with me:D They had one box of Blaser .45ACP and four boxes of Winchester .45ACP. I didn't get the prices on the .45.

8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Fort Worth
    I happened upon a case ( less one box ) of MagTech 230gr at one of the smaller local shops a couple weeks ago; for 24.50/box, I took it all. I needed some brass to reload ;) :D
    It's been slim pickings and I don't have much history with MagTech ammo, but so far, I've found it to be more than ample and better than most any factory plinking ammo. I have yet to reload any yet, I'll be loading them back up soon enough though.

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Not you mike, I know youd reload it, heck youd prolly try n reload a wooden case if ya had one. I mean ifn mr. tundra aint gonna reload it id be happy to buy it from him. Im down to may last 1000 pieces of prepped brass and I aint been saving any of them because im already pushing the limits on the amount of reloads they are capable of. I have some in there the headstamp has been pounded out on and you cant read what they are anymore...:eek:

10. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

I don't own a 45 but my buddy does he does not reload and he has been getting ammo at dicks for around 18 dollars a box. He doesn't shoot much but if anyone likes I will gladly collect his brass for you. PM me a message and I will start the collection. JUNK

11. OBrien

OBrien New Member

May 6, 2009
    Bangor Maine

Actually they don't know when they will get a shipment of anything for sure. I worked at the local wal*mart for too long back in college and they will order something but if it gets put on the truck or not is a whole different story. I check in every couple of days. I don't ask when they will get any in. I ask if the scanner says if there is any in the warehouse or not. It's a guessing game.

12. 31bravo

31bravo New Member

May 18, 2009
    Laveen, AZ
    here in AZ i havent been able to find ammo in 2 weeks so i broke down and ordered online. the local walmart is out of ammo in about 10-15 mins there is always lines every day to see what they get in.

13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Hey junk, check your PM