45acp ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by EVERETT, Dec 26, 2011.

1. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

hey guys hey ive been looking around for some cheap plinking/target shooting ammo an i cant really find any great deals i know theres this tulammo steel cased rounds but my 1911 just doesnt like them itll shoot em but half way thru 50 rounds it starts to lock the slide back , doesnt do it with brass cased rounds at all , so where does everyone find great deals ? or do they just not exist anymore ? i dont reload and not tryen to get into it yet , im thinken of buying anywhere from 250-500 rounds depending on priceing , anyone here know ?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Check our advertisers.
  3. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

hmm ive found the same ammo else where for cheaper then most of those , thanks though shooter
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

USAAmmo has some good pricing. Remember price isn't everything; if you have to deal with order headaches and bad customer service; is it really worth a few bucks saved? I'd rather pay a little more and deal with someone reputable and that will back their product.
  5. gundriller

gundriller New Member

Ammunition seems to be pricey everywhere, but Midwayusa.com is where I've bought lotsa ammunition. They have the best customer service in the business and are prompt in shipping. I've never been disappointed with them.

Give 'em a shot, ooh no pun
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yes you may find them cheaper, not much, but cheaper elsewhere. But then you wouldnt be patronizing the folks that help make TFF a place for US, you, me , the worm and shooter, hell even santa clause and Uncle Obama if they wanted to, to hang out and share information with each other. I have met, in person, some of the worlds best folks thru this forum, and if making that possible means i gotta spend 20 dollars on a box of .45s instead of 19, then thats a well spent dollar in my mind.. Our sponsors may not have walmart prices, but those folks have to eat too, and they help make our hangout a reality. So theyve got my business anytime I need anything ammo and reloading related, and I urge all of TFFs members to do the same. This forum will only get better over time if we patronize our sponsors.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF gundriller! Where in hood are you? I am over in northwest Johnson county, Godley area. Hope to see you around!
  8. noylj

noylj Member

1) reload and cast your own bullets
    2) Check out Widener's
    3) MidSouth
    4) Graf and Sons
    5) Natchez
    6) MidwayUSA
    7) J&G Sales
    8) Powder Valley
    9) Buy some issues of Shotgun News and see what you can find
  9. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

hey yeah i hear you jla i love tff to , but heres a lil difference i found on another site the zombiemax rounds were like 15 bucks a box of 20 , while a sponsor has it for 23.50 ,, kind of a big difference wouldnt you say
  10. gundriller

gundriller New Member

JLA, sir

I'm just down the road in Granbury. If ya visit On Target, I've probably seen ya.

That's a good piece of advice, support those who make it happen.
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I havent been to On Target since I took my hunters safety back in '08 or so, I dont much care for their 25 yd computer calculated bullet POI system for sighting in rifles. . I have a private range in Godley, about 5 minutes from my house, which is prolly 10 minutes from On Target. You should join me sometime. I got targets out to 250 yds and steel gongs at 200 and 250.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Meh, I dont much care for the ZMAX anyway. its just an overpriced marketing gimmick IMO and shouldnt be bought by anyone, but if I were in the market for ZMAX ammo, I would still buy them from forum sponsors. Thats just where my loyalties lie.

To me its kinda like driving half way accross town to that hole in the wall burger joint run by a man and his family thats been making burgers for 30 years and paying twice what youd pay for a burger at the mickey Ds around the block from your house. I still get my burger and the satisfaction of knowing im patronizing my fellow man.
  13. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Lotsa good ammo around but cheap is a has been...Sellier and Belliot is my favorite factory load...Save the brass and reload it..
  14. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

the zmax was just an example , an hey yeah i hear you about loyalties but paying 5$ or more for a box of bullets that u can get somewhere else for 5$ less is just plain pricey ,,an i wont argue about food i have my specific places i go to too lol
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Everett, if you want cheap, reload! If I buy ammo it's quality ammo, and most of us here do the same thing. I will pay more for ammo if it's quality, and I don't buy cheap anywhere, except what little I buy from Wal Mart.