45acp ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by EVERETT, Dec 26, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yeah cheap is a thing of the past. Bets thing is to just swallow hard and buy in bulk once or twice a year.
  2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

I reload .45 and I will still pick up a couple boxes of it when I see it cheap.
    I suggest you bite the bullet per say and just get yourself into reloading.

Imagine living in my part of the country (MA) where reloading components and live ammunition is not allowed by our AG to be sent through the mail. There is no law against it other then our own AG bullying retailers that have done so into not wanting to deal at all with Massholes.
  3. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

yeah i hear you guys everyone tells me reloading is the best way to go , its just right now i dont exectly got the time or wanna spend extra $ buying reloading equipment yet , whats every ones opinion on that remington umc 250 count pack it like 89.99 hows th quality of it ?
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Shoots OK. I just finished off a 250 pak of 9s I got for krimuh.. Good brass for reloading too.
  5. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

6. RandyP

RandyP Member

I have not yet found a brass/aluminmum cased factory made .45ACP FMJ round that did not go bang and my Springer GI did not happily digest. Frankly I have good luck with all the steel cased stuff too.

Since I do reload I would favor the brass cased stuff (just to scrounge the empty cases) from ANY manufacturer.

IMHO if your 1911A1 will not work well with any brand 230gr FMJ? It needs repair work.
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Except AMERC brass. It sux..
  8. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

nope my 1911 gi expert dont need any repair it loves brass an aluminum cases , just dont like the tulammo junk , ive never had any problems except that tulammo steel cased rounds so i wont buy it anymore , an i think i found a great deal on some 230grain fmj brass cased ammo 500 for 150$ with free shipping
  9. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

You can try Cheaper than Dirt.com but shipping kills ya
  10. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

What Josh says.
    Support the sponsors all I can. Shoot the good stuff in all my guns not always the best price, (cheapest). Do most of my shooting now with roll my owns and never run out.

BTW, Where in Wyoming is Texas? Wyo is a big state with beautiful big mountains so I suppose you are some little place at the base of some of these. I'll keep looking and if I find you I will invite you out to the ranch to shoot some Prairie dogs for a day or two. LOL

UF
  11. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Don't know if this is "cheap" but the "remanufactured" stuff is less than I can buy in the store and no tax and shipping included in price........

precisiondelta.com