1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

45acp Glock Load

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

FPH
    (1/27/03 2:23:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 45acp Glock Load
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have read a number of cautions about reloading for the Glock. I have a compensated 45 and have contemplated the following load. Once fired American eagle brass, 250gr lead round nose and 6.0 grains of Unique. Any comments?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/27/03 3:12:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 45acp Glock Load
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dont think you're going to like it. 6.0gr Unique is a standard loading for the 230gr FMJ in .45 ACP, and is considered in some circles as a maximum load for the 230gr Lead RN.

I'd counsel starting at around 5.4gr with the 250gr Lead.

Glock factory barrels are not particularly fond of lead bullets. Many shooters have rebarrelled their pistols with aftermarket barrels made with conventional rifling for lead bullet shooting. Also, if that's a 21C you're going to enjoy cleaning the barrel ports from the lead ....

FPH
    (1/27/03 5:40:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 45acp Glock Load
    Thank you for the advice. I can buy PMC at cost so I think I will avoid the problems/potential problems and purchase them.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/27/03 6:19:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 45acp Glock Load
    No reason not to reload. Try plated bullets, or find some surplus FMJ's.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/27/03 10:18:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 45acp Glock Load
    Plated bullets OK, if you stay under 1200 fps velocity...they tend to shed their plated coatings over that figure...but don't be alarmed about that, its a factory warning.

Plated bullets are fine, or get some hard cast bullets like Meister.

Gunguy