45acp not in 1911

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by lslubecki, Mar 12, 2008.

1. lslubecki

lslubecki New Member

I am looking for a semi auto 45 acp but not 1911. I would like a double stack mag, visible hammer and would prefer a decocker. Also SA and DA, fullsize, polymer or steel is ok around 600.00. There are probably to many to mention but I just cant decide on my own. I have an inexpensive 1911 that has and still does perform perfectly. It is a Firestorm govt. New or used is ok. I tried a search but came up with nothing. Thanks.
  2. BillP

BillP New Member

Springfield XD has gotten excellent reviews but it's a DAO. Sig makes a wonderful 45 exactly what you want, but Sigs are spendy. Para Ordinance if you like the feel of the 1911 but no decocker.
  3. lslubecki

lslubecki New Member

I like the sig equinox but its a single stack mag. The para 14 45s is nice also but dont care for the double action only. Between the two I like the sig. Any other suggestions? I like the ruger p90 and p345 but I was still hoping for more capacity. I dont need this for any peticuar reason just looking for something with more rounds than the 1911. If I could find a 1911 with a double stack mag and da/sa for about $600ish I would be hooked. Thanks.
  4. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

HK45, 45c, or USP45 in Variation1......but you'd have to dig abit deeper into the pocket
  5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I know I'll get laughed at, but the Taurus PT145 is worth a look. For a bit over $300, you can get a very accurate pistol with a DAO striker-fired trigger pull so smooth you can't tell the breaking point. I like the Taurus in this category. It's a good small-sized .45 ACP auto. It fits nicely in a winter coat, but I wouldn't use it for summer carry at all due to size.
  6. lslubecki

lslubecki New Member

Thanks sabashimon. I sure like the HK Elite and Expert even though I am neither. Dont care for the 1150.00 price tag. I guess I need to start saving or sell some/a guns. They are both at the top of the list. Now if I could just fine one for 800.00 or less. Do both of these guns have the polygonal barrel? I heard the can self destruct if you shoot lead only reloads. Gotta shoot jacketed.

ponycar17 I like the PT145. I have a PT140 and PT111. The 40 is real accurate but the 111 shoots about 10" low ansd to the left. I wanted something full size and with a hammer. There is a PT145 in my future just not yet.

Thanks for the info.
  7. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

H&K all the way.

Look at the USP as well as the H&K45. Both are sold in either full-size or compact. Unfortunately they are pricey, you can save some money going to used, but they are still pricey (the upside is they have great resale value).

However, CDNN is having an incredible deal. You can get a USP compact in .45 for $700 brand new. You can get the full size for $10 less. They don't advertise their firearms online anymore but you can give them a call I am doing so in about 10 minutes, CDNN.

A copy of the catalog can be found here. I don't think they had H&K45's advertised but I could be wrong. You are going to have to spend more if you are only interested in the tactical or expert, but the regular or compact are fine weapons. I am ordering a USP compact in 9mm shortly from them. And now looking at the catalog again I am in pain, severe pain, the P7 is like $700, normally about twice that :eek: too bad I don't have enough money for both right now = /

Both the USP and H&K45 (I'm almost positive same with the H&K45 anyway) you can get like 9 different trigger setups. Variant 1 will give you a manual safety and de-cocker, carry the gun however you want (novel idea huh).

As for the difference between the USP and H&K45, I'm not positive since I'm not in the market for a 45 yet. You can get the USP in .45 of course, there are supposedly some improvements in the newer H&K45, but I also know many people still prefer the USP. Differences are like in grip and the H&K45 might have switchable back straps, relatively minor stuff like that.
  8. Michael G

Michael G New Member

Bersa makes a 45 cal. Don't know if it's double stack or not.
  9. nolacajun

nolacajun New Member

The Bersa Thunder 45 is a great shooting pistol, but is a single stack magazine.

John
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Give the Ruger P345 a look in the gun shop.
  11. lslubecki

lslubecki New Member

I like the ruger. I've shot one and it shoots everything I put in it. Its only a single stack but I like the price better than the H&K.

Steve
  12. tdyoung58

tdyoung58 New Member

I have one, it shoots good and I use it for my CC every day. Haven't had any problems with it