4th Division 1/12 B Company Member

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by fyimo, Jul 28, 2009.

1. fyimo

fyimo New Member

I served in Vietnam with the 4th Division 1/12th Bravo company from March 1969 to January 1970. I was wondering if there were any forum members from the 4th Division from that time period. I was the squad leader of the
    3rd squad in the 2nd platoon and then I became the Platoon Sgt of the 2nd platoon.

Art Salmons
    Sgt Sam
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Welcome Sgt. Sam and thank you for your service...We used to joke amongst the Navy Seabees if the Army was really on our side....They in turn had us pegged for a bunch of thieves who just never looked proper in a military uniform...wearing our pole climbing gaffs, donning welders helmets and leather britches, web gear and pack full of pipe wrenches and hammers...I suppose they are still like that over in the big sand box, but damn, I'm so very proud of them! Please tell us some stories about your tour/s of duty...Chief
  3. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Welcome aboard Sam!

I was in the Delta opcon to the 9 ID and the MACV & the 7th ARVN (Yay) back in those days. Did three tours with Searchlight Artillery. H/29th (SLT) out of Can Tho & dong Tam.

Welcome Home, Brother.
  4. Darrell C

Darrell C New Member

Sgt Sam
    Iwas with c 1/8 up on firebase 30, due N of DakTo when I first went in country. have looked for others for years w/o any luck. I just recently enrolled in Forum look fwd to hearing from u over.
  5. SsgKen

SsgKen New Member