5 for 5 hog video

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Brazilnut, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Brazilnut

Brazilnut New Member

2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thank's for sharing. Looks like a great time and some fine eating.........
  3. garydude

garydude Member

Big +1 on that! Awesome hunt and fantastic video. I can't believe how much hunting you are able to get in, and hogs too! Its become my favorite wild meat. Looks like you may feel the same way?

Hey Andy, those hogs taken with a .243? Looked like plenty of rifle for the job. Also can you say what grain bullets you used? Many thanks.
  4. Brazilnut

Brazilnut New Member

Yep, took 'em with the guide's .243 and factory-loaded ammo. Not sure, but I think 100-grain bullets. It proved quite lethal for head shots at 70 to 80 yards. A friend in FL hunts hogs with a .22 Hornet. "Be patient and aim for the ear," he says.
    I prefer a .270 for all-around deer hunting, but I've also used a .243 to take alligator, pronghorn, whitetail & mule deer.

I'm not the only one who likes wild pork. On strict orders from my wife, we sneaked some fresh backstraps past Brazilian customs on the way home.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Thats awesome. And I agree on the .243 being plenty of gun for hogs. The trick is indeed to whisper in thier ears, its the best way to lay em down for slaughter. I personally favor 85 gr sierra gamekings but I also use 105 gr Amaxes. My .243 has an 8 twist barrel so the 105s shoot very well.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I haven't shot, or hunted hogs, in many years. Might have to get back into it. Awsome vids you are posting! I love watching them!