5 Things You Can Do With Your Cell Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Duke, Sep 7, 2011.

1. The Duke

The Duke New Member

I got this email from a electronic gizzmo geek friend who swears they all work..Pretty cool, especially #2.

5 Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do

For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and wallet. Good information to have with you.)

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave
    emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST
    Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find Yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an Emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to Establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
    Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys In the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot From your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'

THIRD
    Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#. Your cell phone will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell phone next time.

FOURTH
    How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

If your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally.....

FIFTH
    Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800)FREE411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.
  2. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

after about 3 months with cell phone problems i went in to wallgreens to get a prepaid att cheapie phone to get me by till my contract was up. I simply changed the sim card and kept going. But at that moment when i reach my truck i took the old phone and had the most fun with it i ever had. I took a mall from my tool box and smashed it to pieces. The guy there said i needed to go back inside the store for some little white pills. :confused:
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm not a fan of snopes, so I tried the 'unlock yer door' feature.

My fob is 7 years old, and from 60' away, going through an entire bldg (many walls and doors) my fob was flawless in unlocking the doors. No way am I gonna drive a mile away to see if it works.

If it sounds too good ta be true...:rolleyes:
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I know THREE THINGS I'D LOVE TO DO with my cell phone:
    1.) Run over it about 20 times with my truck;
    2.) Put it on a post and use it for target practice;
    3.) Toss the remains into a very deep, fast running river.

I detest my cell phone and the crappy service I get with it. I fume when taking the blasted thing out of it's case and I ever so slightly brush against one of the 6 little buttons on the side of the blasted thing and power up my camera or active the "Mute" feature, or some other Lord Knows What gizmo.

A little while back, I got on an airplane, and after an hour at the gate waiting for a thunderstorm to end at our destination city, we were ready to push off the gate. The stewardess announced the usual "please do not operate your cell phones", so I pushed the button and shut my brand-new phone off and put it back into my belt holster. FIFTEEN SECONDS later my phone re-activates itself for an incomming call. "RING,RING,RING!!!!!" I couldn't shut the dang thing off. The stewardess comes back and chews my butt for using my phone. Finally took out the battery. To top it off, it was some yay-hoo dialing a wrong number to reach his mother.

My cell phone is Satan's Spawn.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  6. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Being a techie, hearing the locked car thing makes me want to yell really loud at the original author of this email!!!!! Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!! There is no cross-linking of signals from a car remote to a cell phone. Can I turn this email off with my cell phone? :confused:
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I just wish they would put payphones back in. I liked payphones a lot better. Nowdays, there are NONE anywhere it seems like. I know of maybe 1 payphone in my whole city. Nobody hardly has a land line anymore either.
  8. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

I saw something like this before. Tried some of them. No go.