50-110 WINCHESTER BRASS

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by piperpilot1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. piperpilot1

piperpilot1 New Member

I came across a bunch of 50-110 Winchester brass at an estate sale. It has a BB headstamp. I assume its for a buffalo type rifle. Anyone know anything about this caliber or manufacturer of the brass? Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Montana Guy

Montana Guy New Member

Interesting find. I have seen this head stamp before so it might be a common type. Not sure if Bertrum uses this head stamp but they makes lots of "odd" caliber brass. Bertrum is European if I am not mistaken. I am curious about the primer seating depth. It looks a bit deep. Does it look like the cases have been shot? Are you going to get a rifle to shoot these cases? You looking to sell?
  3. piperpilot1

piperpilot1 New Member

I got a reply to this same question on another gun site that these were made by Bertram Bullet Co. in Australia. After learning that I realized that the two little symbols on either side of the BB on the headstamp were kangaroos.
    The insides of the cases are blackened, so I'm sure they have been fired. A couple cases even look as though they may have been flared a bit to prepare to seat a bullet, though most are straight.
    I don't intend to buy a rifle in this caliber, so I'll probably list them on a gun auction site at some point. I just bought them because they were so unusual.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008