.50 cal blazer CVA

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buck_expert, Feb 18, 2008.

1. buck_expert

buck_expert New Member

A few years ago my father passed down to me a .50 cal CVA BLAZER Muzzleloader. Its in very good condition with almost no blueing gone off the barrel and a flawless stock. I was thinking about hunting with it but he told me when he gave it to me that it was purchased in 1988. I didnt want to hunt with it if it was worth anything so does anybody know anything about this old inline rifle if needed i can post a picture later but i took it apart to clean it good. Any help is highly appreciated.
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Hi Buck

I've got one & I was contacted by CVA & told not to shoot mine & that they would send a new replacement barrel which they did & I trashed the old one. It might be worth contacting them & asking about the barrel. I think my original barrel was made in Italy & the metal was weak. I like how mine shoots :)
  3. buck_expert

buck_expert New Member

Thanks I knew the barrels were crap because one of the piecies on the bottom that holds it to the stock was broke. I was just gonna tack it back on with a weld but now that i know that i will call CVA. How much did you have to pay for the barrel. THanks again.
  4. Contenderizer

Contenderizer New Member

The CVA (Connecticut Valley Arms) Blazer is a percussion rifle with 28" octagonal barrel and walnut stock. Enjoy it as a hunting rifle as value is only $85-125 depending upon condition. BUT, contact CVA before firing same. If the barrel has been recalled they should replace same at no cost. If too much time has passed and they no longer have replacement barrels, they may replace the entire gun with if you are a good negotiator.
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I paid $0 for the new barrel. no shipping no nadda:)
  6. danhoggard

danhoggard New Member

I own the same 50 cal. I don't think it's worth a ton. I bought mine for $150.00 two years ago. It was in like new condition. It's a good gun, but they're pretty popular model.