50 cal cva caplock

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by old semperfi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    A FEW YEARS AGO I PURCHASED A CVA PLAINSHUNTER-CAPLOCK IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE,I AM PRETTY SURE ITS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD, STOCK AND ALL THE BRASS IS GREAT.......I HAVE SHOT IT A FEW TIMES AND IT SHOOTS GREAT, THE RIFLEING IS ALMOST PRISTINE..... I ONLY BOUGHT IT TO HELP A FRIEND WITH MONEY TROUBLES,I HAVE A NUMBER OF TC SMOKEPOLES AND I DONT NEED IT........HOW MUCH WOULD THIS BE WORTH,I KNOW IT PROBABLY ISNT MUCH BUT IT WOULD BE A GOOD STARTER GUN. OLD SEMPERFI
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You know the drill. Picatures! Newbies like me need to see what you are talking about.;):D
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    SORRY,UNABLE TO POST PICTURES RIGHT NOW BUT I WOULD SAY ITS IN EXCELLANT SHAPE
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Not sure what a Plains Rifle is but the Hawken is listed at 300 in excellent and the Mountain Rifle is listed at 225.:)
  5. cakes

cakes New Member

It depends on where it is being sold. If you live in an area with a primitive/traditional blackpowder hunting season the prices of caplocks and flintlocks are usually higher than in a place with no special season. I have seen these rifles go for as low as $75, and never more than $150.
  6. bambihunter

bambihunter New Member

Yeah, those are among the more plain variants and they rarely go above $150. Right before muzzleloader season there is a spike in interest (and perhaps value) for a few weeks.
    If it were the double pinned double trigger Kentucky Mountain Rifle I'd be interested.