50 Cal Headache...OUCH!!!!

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by MVP, Jan 18, 2005.

1. MVP

MVP New Member

Take no guff, cut no slack, cuff 'em and stuff'em and don't look back

First picture is the gun, the second is the TARGET!

A backwoods hunter from the Alabama National Guard spotted this guy,
    complete with suicide bomber vest, inside a compound in the Green
    Zone in Iraq. He used a well placed 50 cal sniper round to stop
    him.

[​IMG]

(edit by 1952Sniper)
    I've edited the second picture down to just a link. Be advised that this is EXTREMELY graphic. Do not look at this picture if you are sensitive to blood and gore. This is way too graphic to post here on this board as a photo.
    Photo
  2. MVP

MVP New Member

Thanks 1952Sniper, I didn't know how to make a link or else I would have.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I got this in an email the other day. But now that I really look at it, I wonder about the validity of it.

I don't doubt that this guy knows how to use the .50BMG rifle he's holding, nor do I doubt that the guy in the second picture was shot by him. What I doubt is whether this happened in Iraq. Look at the background in the first picture. Does that look like Iraq to you? Does his uniform look like what they're wearing in Iraq?

This may be one of those "embellished" stories that happened somewhere else and is being passed off as an Iraqi story.
  4. MVP

MVP New Member

The first pic when I saw it reminded me of the Yakima fireing range right here in Washington state where the Army does there practice manuvers.
    But the second pic looked like Iraq.
    I also received this in an email and had my doubts as to the validity.
  5. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I dunno. I'm just guessing, and I'm naturally mistrustful of anything that has been floating around the internet.

The second pic could be in Iraq, I guess. There's not much to go by. Although I do have to say, the guy doesn't dress like the Iraqis I'm used to seeing in pictures. They wear more traditional garb, especially the ones who attack us. They want to blend in with the other Iraqis. This guy looks to be dressed more like a Palestinian. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the second picture came from Israel/Palestine, and that he was shot by the Israelis. But again, it's just a guess. I don't know nothin' but what I can see in the pictures.
  6. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Out Freaking Standing!!!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  7. Carl S

Carl S New Member

I checked four hoax websites; only Snopes had it listed. Here is a quote from Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/greenzone.asp

8. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

A friend of mine looked at the posted pics and picked up on the Kosovo ID. He also saw the vest is actually an ammo vest for ak styled magazines.

He just returned from the sand pile and said that pic has been circulating over there for some time. His version indicated the guy was shot with a 7.62X54 at close distance.

Anyway, still a nie pic.