.50 caliber CVA BLAZER inline 1988

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by buck_expert, Feb 4, 2008.

1. buck_expert

buck_expert New Member

A few years ago my father passed down to me a .50 cal CVA BLAZER Muzzleloader. Its in very good condition with almost no blueing gone off the barrel and a flawless stock. I was thinking about hunting with it but he told me when he gave it to me that it was purchased in 1988. I didnt want to hunt with it if it was worth anything so does anybody know anything about this old inline rifle if needed i can post a picture later but i took it apart to clean it good. Any help is highly appreciated. I put this in the ask the pros and the whats it worth category but go no answers.
  2. ceader savage

ceader savage New Member

this is a well made rifle and with a load of 80 gr 3fffg an a maxi ball this rifle should do a great job out to 100 yards
  3. mrangler60

mrangler60 New Member

Your CVA Blazer, sorry to say is not worth much as far as $$$ goes. Im sure it is worth something to you because of who it came from. I too own an old Blazer, shot quite a few deer with it out to about 100 yards, round ball, patch, and 80-90 grains of ffg. I did put an aftermarket set of adjustable sights on it, that helped a lot. Honestly though, when I bought it new in the late 80's I dont think I spent more than $100 for it. good luck.
  4. hammybone

hammybone New Member

I have a CVA 50 cal carbine tracker percussion...Didn't know they manufactured inlines back then. purchased mine around 1994.
  5. TnRebel

TnRebel New Member

I have a CVA Blazer I bought in 1985 and its an inline with wooden stock and ram rod , if you look at the first two numbers in the SN it will tell you when it was built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]