1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

50 round law up again in CA

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Blackhawk Dave, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

For those of you in CA, more anti-gun legislation, this time restricting the amount of ammo purchased to 50 rounds. They killed it, but it's raising it's ugly head. Call your reps.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Goodbye, .22 bricks, huh?

Let's see -
    I need a box of .38, a box of .44 mag, and a box of .380.
    Have to make that three separate trips to town, huh?

These guys need to get a JOB to keep them out of trouble -
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The closet-commies out there in CA will keep resurrecting this steaming pile of legislative crap again and again until they get it passed. The same with the microstamping bill in NY. They'll keep putting it up for a vote until they finally get it, then the "fair and impartial" media will harp about it being a great victory in the reduction of crime. Then it will slowly filter through to the rest of the country until all of us will be required to have microstamped guns and will be limited in ammo purchases:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

bcj1755

I just looked up that Cicero quote......... me like :D :D
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:D:D:D Why, thank you. I think it's appropriate in the face of the naked power grabs the feds have engaged in ever since I can remember. The easiest way to take total power is for the gov't to do so during times of war. Case in point, Lincoln's suspension of habeus corpus during the Civil War and the treatment of Americans of Japanese decent during WW2.

As a side note, I actually first heard that quote from the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" episode of the same name. That episode involved a bit of shady, illegal, and immoral gov't activities that were "deemed necessary" due to "wartime conditions." It's one of my all time favorite episodes of DS9.
    Here's a summary of the episode and some background info about the title if you're interested.
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Inter_Arma_Enim_Silent_Leges_(episode)

*sigh* I'm such a nerd:eek::eek::p:p
  6. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Update: Law before committee as well as another gun-grabber law this week.
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

What's the other one?
  8. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

Any of you have the identification number of this bill so I can contact my State Senator and/or Representative to protest it?
  9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

AB 962

CURRENT BILL STATUS

MEASURE : A.B. No. 962

AUTHOR(S) : De Leon (Coauthor: Bonnie Lowenthal).
    TOPIC : Ammunition.
    HOUSE LOCATION : SEN
    +LAST AMENDED DATE : 06/01/2009

TYPE OF BILL :
    Active
    Non-Urgency
    Non-Appropriations
    Majority Vote Required
    State-Mandated Local Program
    Fiscal
    Non-Tax Levy

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 06/18/2009
    LAST HIST. ACTION : Referred to Com. on PUB. S.
    COMM. LOCATION : SEN PUBLIC SAFETY

HEARING DATE : 06/30/2009

TITLE : An act to amend Sections 11106 and 12316 of, to add
    Sections 12317 and 12318 to, to add Article 3.5
    (commencing with Section 12060) to Chapter 1 of, to add
    a heading for Chapter 2.6 (commencing with Section
    12316) to, and to repeal the heading of Chapter 2.6
    (commencing with Section 12320) of, Title 2 of Part 4
    of, the Penal Code, relating to ammunition.

FROM THIS SITE: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090619_status.html

FULL TEXT OF BILL, INCLUDING CHANGES ON 6/01/09:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090601_amended_asm_v98.html
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  10. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    For the life of me, I can't figure out what this is supposed to accomplish. Is it a law that will stop crime? No, why would it? It's just another liberal "let's throw this up against the wall and see if it sticks" attempt to infringe and hamper law-abiding citizens of their rights. It's like Feinstein's anti-bayonet lug law. Has that contributed to crime stopping? No, all it does is create another government bureaucracy that will put people out of business and make everyone who has ammo into a new criminal class. The reps that I've e-mailed don't like it much, either, but there's always that element that just can't, or won't, give up. If they want to stop crime, they have plenty of laws already on the books. I can't help but think that reps that come ethnic communities come up with these things to curtail their constituents because they can't be trusted with guns OR ammo. These bills don't have regular folks in mind, but the ethnic hoodlums that occupy their districts. TJ
  11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Just out of interest, I am limited to the amount I can purchase on one trip to 500rds.

It says so on my licence, and when I buy, the dealer has to write on my licence the date, quantity and calibre. I also have a maximum I can hold at any one time, and can only buy calibres for which I have a gun to suite. :mad:

I dont like it, but it's the law, and I would rather be shooting than in jail.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Good point Tranter-dude. Range time, when incarcerated, is rather limited!
  13. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I just wrote the reps on the safety committee (Senators and Assembly Members) and told them that if I'm at the range with my son or daughter and want to give them a couple of boxes of .22's, this bill be damned.

Not only that, it will take money out of CA (which the state really can't afford right now), folks will just vacation in OR, NV, AZ, or elsewhere and "visit" a sporting goods store.

Why do they keep attacking the honest citizen? They won't have enough jail cells for the thousands that won't abide by this nonsense if it passes.

Only transfer 50 rounds a month, even between family members.....KMA!:mad:
  14. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    The best one is Diane Harkey. She actually has read your letter and replies to you. A very refreshing occurrence. I have no idea how they could enforce such a time/money-wasting project. They would be able to restrict your supply of how much you buy from now on, but how would they know if you give/sell your whatever a couple of boxes of .22? We've all felt a long time ago that ammo might become a pinch point, so how could they know how much you have on hand already? Such nonsense. Just the kind of law needed right now (sarcasm here). TJ
  15. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

I agree TJ. I included that in my letter as well and said that not even my own district reps contacted me, but she did. I faxed that to my reps that aren't on the committee so they know and also sent a copy to her and thanked her as well for her past support and communication. She's not even my rep.

I feel a trip to NV a comin' on pretty quick like.....