The Firearms Forum banner

50 yards, standing, mini 14. what do you think?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tjjjc2 
#1 · (Edited)
50 yards, standing, mini 14. what do you think?

Just asking,

this is my second time shooting a rifle at a range, last time was 20 years ago on a colt sporters 38 cal, nailed a bulls eye.
this is my first time on a mini 14,
no scope,
standing,
hand held,
at 50 yards,
a couple rapid fires too
and my trifocals prescription were outdated and a little blurry.

I am the "T"s

The "O"s and "J"s were from my kids at 20 yards.

Just innocently asking if this is good, great, or sucks. It was late when we left the range, and they were in a hurry to get us out, so no one but the cops seen this and were asking about it. The cops didn't say anything after they asked me. I don't think they believed me, or my shooting sucks and they didn't want to hurt my feelings??

Thanks in advance for reading and comments.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum! Not bad at all for a person with no more experience than you have. Keep working on your skills, and you will turn in thighter, and tighter groups! Now that you are a member, tell us a little about your self, or click on user CP, and fill out all of your personal data, as much as you want. I shoot on my own property, and any member that wants to shoot here is welcome.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. The mini was rented from a shooting range, it would jam at the second round. Once I was done, I then advised them. At first I thought it was normal.

From San Diego, just about retired on and off. :)
My first time shooting was with my dad and his buddy, I was in 3-4th grade, aiming at a can of shaving cream, (at about the same distance as my dad), 3rd shot blew off the tip.

- I guess I have fired a rifle 4 times, less than 80 rounds in 45 years.

Up until this post and with your replies, I guess I m,ay have missed out on a whole new sport.

-Tony

I most likely will not be going to a public range anytime soon. Thanks for the offer Carver, I never thought about a private range.

#6 · (Edited)
please delete - test

Mod please delete. test, test is to see if sig. was now working. Please delete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.