500 VS 50AE

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by dragman, Jan 14, 2011.

?

which?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2011.
  1. 500 S&W magnum

66.7%
  2. 50 AE Desert Eagle

33.3%
  1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

2. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

Only get the good ones from BP or a shortie :D
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yup. I had a .308 pistol that was built on a spanish mauser action that had a 13 inch tube, it was nicknamed "the flamethrower" the resulting ball of fire was longer than the weapon was and as wide as I am.
  4. gendoikari87

gendoikari87 Former Guest

I really want one of those. Brake action right? Seems almost as fun as a snubby .500, and looks a lot cooler.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

Before my computer Crashed in my second year of college I had designed a break open .75 caliber pistol. it was a super short round, but I'm kinda glad it got wiped out. I twasn't my most brilliant work, as even as fun as it seemd it'd still probably have broken my wrist if I ever actually made it. not to mention, this was back when my formulas for guns I had worked out didn't involve powder burn time. Back then I had just kinda figured it all burned in a short enough time that it wouldn't matter and the extremely wide short round would allow for a high efficiency due to the high volume swept out.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

nah, the one I built was a cut down spanish mauser bolt action that had been rebarreled to .308 for the civil guardia, I modified the stock for a pistol grip, cut and crowned the barrel, fit a scope and bipod and shot the hell out of it, it was a single shot, I filled the floorplate with lead to add weight so recoil didnt knock it off the table... theres a thread on it here somewheres, ill go fetch it...
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

I just wanted to put my input in on this comment, in that the 50AE is pretty much an original round. The 50GI is the one that is based on the 45ACP round, much to the point that you only need to buy a slide, barrel and bushings, you can pretty much use your 45 mags. (Dunno how tight of a squeeze you'd put on it, though.)
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

PLEASE

If you want a big bore kick ares semi get yourself a Coonan. They are SWEET.....

http://coonaninc.com/

We made it to their booth at Shot Show and Man are they nice people. Dan Coonan was laughing and joking with us. My buddy asked for a pic with Dan and He was goofin off and gave him this big hug in the pic. IT was so funny. Really are a great bunch of people.
  9. RB.44

RB.44 New Member

Have shot many rnds through both and own a 500 S&W. I like the S&W better than the AE, but would rather shoot my .44 Mag than either.
  10. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Either would be fun. AE is just a good looking gun.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I didn't like shooting the DE because it kept spitting brass in my face no matter what I did.
  12. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Me like'em Guns! Big Guns! Must have Big Gun! This thread is just toooo muucchhhh!!!! Must have Dragmans Big Gun! Dragman must offer up to American Leader His S&W 500 to keep American Leader Happy!
  13. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like big guns too. I have never shot a S&W 500 but would like too. I think Dragman should give it to me AL. You know something else I would like,,,, 2 big fat malted milk shakes. Mmm, good.:)