5th state passes gun federal gun exemption

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by jeepix, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jeepix

jeepix New Member

I knew of another state recently that passed this legislation, but didn't know so many other states were working on the same thing. This is important because of the 'small arms treaty' that Hillary is working on, however, we need to get all our states to pass it. And I just don't see it happening in CA where I live. Suck. :(

5th state exempts guns
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I see NC has plans to introduce a bill on this. Too bad it will never pass here. Bev Purdue is always too busy kissing Barry's neither regions to sign anything like this into law:rolleyes::mad:
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I think a treaty not only trumps the U.S. Constitution but State Constitution as well.

Any lawyers want to comment?
  4. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I'm no lawyer, but I am a Patriot and I say unto you: NOTHING trumps our constitution. Nothing.
  5. sewerman

sewerman New Member

HOORA! storm agathering!

okay states...who's next?
  6. petesusn

petesusn New Member

"And I just don't see it happening in CA where I live. Suck."

Just wait jeep. Legislation being submitted to make Ca. a shall issue state. It may not happen this time around but eventually it might.
    CCW permit rules are being relaxed by county sheriffs. Not sure when but it's being talked about.
    Open carry (albeit unloaded) is already legal.
    Just wait. Changes are in the wind. Even here in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

So sorry, Article. VI paragraph 2 of the Constitution of the United States states, " This Constitution and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  8. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

So sorry for?:confused:

That is the article that places treaties along side the constitution (as long as it does not conflict with it) , NEVER ABOVE it. There is nothing that "trumps" (over rules) it. Nothing. Not as long as there are Patriots defending it.

EDIT: see here also http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/staterights/treaties.htm
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010