6.5 MM Japanese Tracer

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 8mmman, Jul 15, 2012.

1. 8mmman

8mmman New Member

6.5 MM Japanese Tracer. Over the years I come across a fair amount of 6.5 & 7.7 original ammo. In the past I kept a few just for examples and or trade stock.

I also enjoyed shooting the original 6.5 ammo just for the sound it makes. Very interesting pop to me and in over 50 years of and loading for the 6.5 I've never been able to duplicate the sound of original 6.5 ammo.

Anyhow this weekend I came into some original 6.5 ammo again at and estate sale and in looking it over 99% was pink ball but what do you know one round was original 6.5 tracer with the green band.

I was wondering what the value of 6.5 tracer would be. I might sell or trade it off and would like an approximate value for it. I would think it is some what uncommon as I've never come across any i except in a cartridge collection years back.

If you want to see a picture of it email me at 8mmman@comcast.net Tom

Thanks
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

$12 is the best price i can find for em selling, ( a online web site that pays nothing for them but sell high ) $8 is closer to the average $4-$5 being what i often see them at gun shows etc

theres a lot about and it's newish collectors after them mostly

but what ever you can get is what its worth ..

good luck
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

interesting find, email on its way!