6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer Model 1903

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by dmtrask, Jan 12, 2011.

1. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Do any of you know about the breda 1927's?
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

joncutt87,
    You will be better served by starting a new thread about your Breda. Also, add a bit more info, such as markings, caliber, etc. Good question, otherwise. I look forward to reading more info about it.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ok i never saw a rifle like that why does it look like it has 2 triggers?
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Beth,
    That system is called a "two stage trigger" or "double set trigger". If you pull the front trigger first - it sets the sear to a "hair trigger" pull on the back trigger. You can also pull the back trigger without "setting" the sear with the front trigger and have a more normal (heavier) trigger pull. Many target rifles were/some still are equipped with that set-up for accuracy - no trigger torque or deflection due to heavy trigger pull weight.
  5. Jboy

Jboy Member

Does anyone know the significance of the number on the bottom of the stock that is mentioned in the description of this MS rifle?
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

And Beth some of them had such light target triggers you could barely touch them and they go off. My friends Steyr is like that and it really surprises you. I bet it is set at .5 pounds of pull. Way too light for me.