60 Minutes 50 bmg available for download...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruger270man, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

http://www.wsu.edu/~ryjones/60minutes-50cal-lieslieslies.wmv

wasnt as biased as I thought, at least most of the lies stated were by the expected party, Tom Diaz of the VPC.

When asked "so no one in the government knows who owns these rifles"

he says.. "The answer.... is no..."

ever hear of the ATF buddy.. frickin schmuck...
  2. stanman

stanman New Member

Great link.
    Thanks Ruger270man.
    I refused to watch the broadcast for the same reasons I refuse to watch any of the Law & Order episodes.
    I will not give the programs OR the advertizers the benefit of any ratings numbers coming from MY house.

" Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice.
    Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater
  3. Raider006

Raider006 New Member

Did you guys notice what auction site they found the Raufus ammo on?
  4. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

sure did
  5. fishermanben

fishermanben New Member

So did I pips; however, after a brief auction search I realized that Raufus ammo is available...in just about every caliber except .50BMG. :mad:

Thanks for the video.

Ben
  6. roboman

roboman New Member

Hey Ruger, the only way the ATF knows what kind of gun a person has bought it when a gunshop gets audited by them. All the ATF knows when NICS runs their check is what kind of gun it is (long gun, handgun, both) and the information on the person buying it. The back of the 4473 is only looked at by the ATF if they audit the shop. So the truth is the ATF doesn't know who owns them. Ever hear of gun registration? Yeah, we don't have it...yet (thank God).
  7. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

Hmm... I've been owned.
  8. Raider006

Raider006 New Member

Its ok Ruger270man, it'll only hurt for a little while. :D
  9. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

I completely forgot about it til I opened this thread again :p
  10. Neil

Neil New Member

Interesting clip.
  11. offeror

offeror New Member

I take issue with the idea that records in gun stores are not yet readily available to ATF on a daily basis. The local ATF rep can and does call any dealer at any time and come by to browse through his 4473s in connection with any investigation they wish. Therefore, those who think their privacy is safe except for full audits or some faraway time when the business closes are overestimating the level of privacy regarding their gun store purchases (in my opinion). ATF agents can and do go to the local gun stores to look for an individual name and identify any and all of his gun purchases via the 4473s on file -- as I understand current practices.

We'd like to think that any self-respecting gun store owner would rather burn his files than have them used to intimidate gun owners, but my experience is that as long as there is no "Red Dawn scenario," gun store owners are going to be more concerned with keeping their FFL than in assuring your privacy or mine is guaranteed against ATF abuses. The rationalization is, I suppose, that "hey, if they're interested in you I figured you might be a crook..."

More and more I rely on private paperless transactions to assure real privacy regarding my "core" personal defense guns. Indiana still has some of the saner gun rights laws in the country... so far.

But the antis are howling at the gates and running traveling "gun safety" roadshows through our state, taking anti-gun polls and claiming the results "prove Indiana is not a pro gun state," in order to try to a) scare the ignorant, and b) ram additional gun laws into the legislative process in Indiana. Most folks don't take these liberal activists seriously here yet, but will of course vote down, with extreme prejudice, any foolishness that should get a foothold in the legislature, when the time comes.

But even here in the conservative heartland, the dealers of my acquaintance are very cooperative with the local ATF's requests to view records whenever they are "asked" to do so. One wonders what the penalties might be for non-cooperation.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  12. Redneck

Redneck New Member

I would rather sit on a toilet full of rattle snakes then watch anything on CBS :mad: