60 Minutes Tonight-.50 Cal. BMG oh boy!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Jan 9, 2005.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Be there or be square. California has banned it, why don`t other States-oh boy!

LTS
  2. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I dont watch T.V. much...What channel, time ect?
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

It's probably almost over now. I don't watch tv either, and I certainly didn't want to watch Marlin have a heart attack over what they'd probably say :eek: , so I'll just wait until folks start reporting in.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

LOL, always a day late I told ya. :D

Crpdeth
  5. dge479

dge479 New Member

Wouldnt waste my time on See BS . So its so dangerouse, Have there been any crimes with one yet? Been out for a while.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

For the most part street thugs cant afford a good quality pistol, much less a .50 BMG, heck, most the rifles that the tree huggers are most afraid of are out of range financially for the non-working, dope smoking, street thug.

I think if they wanted an effective gun ban they should concentrate on the used 50 dollar saturday night specials.

Crpdeth for President
  7. dheffley

dheffley New Member

I no longer watch 60 Minutes. They are anti everything I am for! :mad:
  8. JamesRK

JamesRK New Member

I recorded it and watched to .50 caliber part after the ball game. They didn’t really have much to say. They want to outlaw them for our own good. They aren’t too worried about criminals robbing 7-11’s with them, they think the terrorists are going to kill us all from three miles away.
  9. geezler

geezler New Member

I never cared for the show. It makes me believe it was an evil spawn of Michael Moore. :mad:
  10. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

upload it :D
  11. JamesRK

JamesRK New Member

After I figure out how to upload a VHS tape, I show bigdaddyjr how to work his internet tazer.
  12. RugerNiner

RugerNiner New Member

They had The GunBroker Auction on there with someone buying illegal ammo for the 50cal.

Incendiary and explosive ammo.
    Ammo is called Raufus?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  13. ruger270man

ruger270man New Member

pabooger has some contraption where you can turn vhs tapes into video files
  14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

And of course, we all know that outlawing them will stop the terrorists from getting them. :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]
  15. geezler

geezler New Member

Now do you really think that terrorist would actually try to shoot down aircraft or damage oil storage tanks with a 50? I don't think so! When they do act it will be in a hell of a bigger way than that i.e. 9/11 type scenarios.
  16. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Oh dear Lord, please tell me you're not advocating gun control. Because it sure sounds like you are.
  17. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

I watched it. While I do not believe in gun bans, it is disturbing that 24 hours after one of these is sold, all traceability is lost. I would like to have one (if I could afford it) but you have to wonder about how easy it would be to get into the hands of a terrorist or some crazed nut. Although the possiblilty of shooting down aircraft is so remote it is not worth mentioning, how would you protect the President of the US if somebody decided to use one of these to assassinate him? We do have control over machine guns, shouldn't this be in a similar category? Can't there be some middle ground where people can buy them, but the government knows where the guns are?
  18. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

For starters, that isn't completely true. But congratulations, you've been duped by liberal anti-gunners just like the rest of America. All traceability isn't "lost". The FFL that sold the firearm still has a record in his bound book. The back door gun registration scheme.

Why do you want to keep track of who has them? So that if a "terrorist" ever uses one, our government can start arresting everyone who owns one? Or just so they can confiscate them from people who legally own them, like they did with AR-15 owners during the DC Sniper shootings?

As for protecting the President from assassination with a .50BMG, well, that is entirely possible. You can't protect the President from every threat in the world. Do you think it's right to deny hundreds of millions of people their God-given (and Constitutionally protected) rights over it?

Don't even get me started on the unconstitutionality of machine gun bans and other NFA weapon bans. I'll give you a break because you're a fellow Texan and a new member (welcome aboard by the way). But we're seriously going to have to educate you on what it means to have RIGHTS as opposed to priveleges. We also need to educate you on what happens when the "government knows where the guns are". Turn to Britain and Australia for examples.
  19. Texas_Shooter

Texas_Shooter New Member

1952Sniper: I appreciate your response, but you don't need to educate me about anything! Although most of us disagree about what should or should not be allowed to be possessed by citizens, I think these are weapons that serve only one real purpose. Like I said, I would like to have one as I would also like to have a full auto Thompson 45, but anything that can penetrate 1/4" steel at 300 yards is way beyond a "toy" for target plinking. I am a life long member of the NRA and member of the TSRA so please don't confuse me with a liberal. I have stomped people for less.
  20. jh2oman

jh2oman New Member

This was all worked out in, when, 1934? The National Firearms Act? What's different today? The limit then was set at .50 cal. Now the gun grabbers want to take another piece away. So how long will it be before you can get a replacement barrel for your .50 BMG rifle, a die to reneck cases to .490, and bullets to put into it? Oh wait, then .490 will be too big -- OK let's drop it to .450, and so on and so on. It will not end until they are all taken away ....................

JW