6mm 12" Barrel Very Nice Metal for Collectors

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Barbaraws1, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Barbaraws1

Barbaraws1 New Member

This gun was passed down from my father to me. The wood on the grip looks like it is oak or walnut. The trigger and pull-back action is great. The metal has some rust, but you have to look for it. It is a 6mm, 12" barrel, with crowns, and the letters B G U. It is very shiny metal and I need to know what kind of gun it is and the high and low end market value of this pistol. I don't want to sell it, however, I need to. Several people are interested and I just don't want to get ripped off. If anyboby can be of any help, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any information I can get on this gun. The trigger pulls back with ease. It is just a wonderful gun for collectors. Thank you in advance. Barbaraws1
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

Is this a single shot gun, semi-auto or a revolver?
    crown/B,crown/u, crown/g proofs most likely Zehla/Mellis proofhouse or possibly Berlin(which did not have its own proofhouse, but used the Zehla-Mellis proofs) in Germany,but many makers used it in late 1800s - early 1900s
    Pictures,please...
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  3. Barbaraws1

Barbaraws1 New Member

It is a single shot, revolver, hammer is great condition. Looks like a walnut handle. Very unusual pistol. I have asked policemen, gun sellers, etc. and nobody knows anything about it. But they are interested in it. Thanks for all of your help. I will sell if need be. I really like the look of the pistol alot. My daughter is trying to send a pic now. Barbara
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  4. Barbaraws1

Barbaraws1 New Member

There are 3 pictures in my photo album of the gun on my profile let me know what you think Thanks Barbara
  5. hrf

hrf Active Member

It's a typical German "salon" pistol (don't call it a revolver) used for indoor practice with very low powered ammunition. They are fairly common, and it probably dates early 1900s. Most sell in $100-$200 range but yours with the extra long barrel and nice grips may go higher.

.22 ammo may chamber, but DO NOT let anyone try to fire same in it.
  6. Barbaraws1

Barbaraws1 New Member

Thanks hrf...I have never fired it..I am sure Dad did, however, he's not around to ask. My dad was a marksman in the Marines and probably picked it up along his journeys. I appreciate your reply. I also have a rifle...maybe a .22...just a serial number of 11276958 on it...if anyone wants to give it a shot! Great aim! Barbara
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Barbara, without a picture or a detailed description, that question about the rifle is unanswerable. It's like you said, "I have a car. It's blue. Anybody got any ideas about what it is?"