The Firearms Forum banner

7.62 x 25 ammo prices on the rise, please recommend best sources for my CZ52 ammo.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Remington597 
#1 · (Edited)
It seems every time I buy several bricks of 7.62x25 tokarev ammo for my CZ52, the price goes up. Its like $18 / 40 rounds now. There has to a source cheaper. I buy the Sellier & Bellot. Any other recommendations and source suggestions. Thanks.

#2 ·
remington597:

I reload for mine. The Accurate Arms web site has SAFE loads. Starline sells brass. Lee has dies (so does RCBS but their's must be gold plated or something). The process is without problems but the dies do need to have the cases lubricated during sizing (not carbide dies as these cases are shaped more like rifle cartridges and only straight sided cases can use carbide dies).

Based on information I received directly from Accurate Arms it appears that most ammo you get surplus is really not the correct ammo for a CZ52. It is too hot based on the European equivalent of our ammo specs institute (is it SAMMI?). Accurate Arms loads are specifically designed to the correct European Max Load specs. They shoot well and are still exciting to shoot (the big muzzle flash is still there), but are significantly downloaded from earlier specs printed and on the internet. Even AA had fallen into the overload trap and only recently downloaded them for the latest AA web site information.

Try www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/surplusrifle?forum=40 for more CZ52 info.

LDBennett

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.