7.62 X 63 Australian Enfields

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

walter in florida
    (3/8/02 1:41:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 7.62 X 63 Australian Enfields
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    During the middle of the Clinton rule, I started collecting as many military C&Rs as I could afford. I am still kicking myself in the rear for not getting the only 30-06 Enfield I ever saw. My wife was with me and next day went back and it was gone. It looked like any MK III except it had a 4 inch orange band near the muzzle. Does anyone know? Was it for ammo logistics, Australians fighting with US troops? Or What?

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/8/02 6:24:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 7.62 X 63 Australian Enfields
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know for sure but I do remember reading something somewhere about the orange band on the Enfields...wish I could remember where!

Are you sure it wasn't in .308? They made the Ishapore MkIIIs in .308, but I too have never seen or heard of one converted to 06.

The Australians would have used the .303, it was the main round of all the Commonwealth and is still pretty popular as a sporting round.
    "It's only money..."

walter in florida
    (3/8/02 7:17:06 pm)
    It was a 30-06, they had cases of 7.62 X 63 (30-06) of Australian ammo. It one of a kind they were getting off their inventory $30.00 I still kicking myself. They also had one Spanish FR 8 (60.00) Kicking my self again. Westinghouse MN91, 39.95, No kicking myself that time.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/8/02 9:03:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 7.62 X 63 Australian Enfields
    I've seen a picture of one of those on a board somewhere - just can't remember where. The orange bands stood out too!

In my mind that would be an Enfield to have - but then again I also like the 30-06 round a lot!

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/9/02 10:23:37 am)
    walter
    you really missed out by not getting the FR-8 especially for $60

walter in florida
    (3/9/02 12:16:33 pm)
    Fredneck, you just made me kick myself again. It was at Roses Department Store (a poor man Wal Mart). A small chain store in the south. I should have paid $2.00 layaway fee and got both. Roses may be in Chapter 11 by now, don"t know. About three years ago the stopped the C&R long gun business. Still had a lot of Iahapore Enfield left. It was in Mississippi, just about everyone had one (I only got one). I didn't want load down the moving van when I moved to Florida.