7.62x25 missfires??

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by chunk, Mar 17, 2005.

1. chunk

chunk New Member

i got some romainian surplus ammo today.every 4th round did not go bang.but s&b is flawless, this ever happen to anyone else ???? :
  2. offeror

offeror New Member

I haven't heard of a bad batch of this anywhere, but of course there is a faulty batch of milsurp ammo every once in a while -- and some primers need a harder strike than others. Maybe your firing pin is giving a light strike? Could be the S&B doesn't mind, but the Romanian needs a more solid hit than your pin is giving. Just a guess though.
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I would agree with offeror. The military ammunition will likely have harder (milspec) primers. You may want to try replacing your springs and see if that helps.

Then again, it could just be poor quality ammo or ammo that was stored improperly. It's a risk you take when buying milsurp ammo.
  4. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Member

Durango Colorado, the right knee-pit of Colorado
    the boys are right...

any x25 stuff that is not S&B should be treated as machine-pistol stuff...

those primers where set very heavy for the PPSH series and some other types of machine-pistol (sub-machinguns if you prefer that term)..and some of the later broom-handled mausers.

however, I have never heard of a squib round in the old surplus stuff... just heavy primers....

out...
  5. chunk

chunk New Member

thanks dude"s i think its tuff primers if i pull the hammer back and squeeze again they go bang,i will stick to s&b from now on....chunk