7.62x54R vs 1" steel

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Grizz, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Grizz

Grizz Active Member

sounds like you got a good deal!
  2. jyantkilr

jyantkilr Former Guest

Yeah it was fun just searching out the Hex receivers, big 5 doesn't get many in anymore, so they say?

The 2nd one I got was the 1926 and my oldest son was with me. We noticed a 1 1/2 inch. sq. buttstock repair on the original stock. The serials were all matching expect the buttstock on this model. I told my son that was what made the gun collectably cool, some ruskie broke down a door with the butt and bent the butt plate chipping out a chunk of wood before bayoneting the poor German inside...heh heh
  3. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

LOL yep that is a collectible rifle then
  4. jyantkilr

jyantkilr Former Guest

We both giggle but the Mosin Nagant 91/30 basically won WW2. It was a weapon designed to hand to a commoner to protect his country. It is deadly at BOTH ends of the weapon. The battle of Stalingrad was door to door, brutal fighting. The Germans were ill prepared for such combat and thus the Mosin butt killed a hellofalot of soldiers.

With tens of millions made, I pleasure in grabbing one with potential history.
    But thats just me.

See I just talked myself into never selling it for less than say $149..lol
  5. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Nice vids by all and great commentary! Thanks, A.L.
  6. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

I wonder what'd happen if it where 1/4-1/2 hardened steel and with mild-steel core surplus. I know mine (M38 with Yugo or Russian surplus) punched clean threw a 3' tall x ~1' dia chunk of tree at about 100yrds.