7 Year Old Boy Shot By Father

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    A tragedy that could have been prevented.
  3. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

All guns are always loaded period.
  5. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

There's a rule I've always been taught and everybody here has heard it before but when you see stories like this you have to repeat it:

Never, EVER, point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. Therefore, you'll never, EVER, shoot anything you didn't intend.
  6. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

So sad, he'll have to live with that the rest of his life.
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I feel sorry for him in one aspect as he has to live his life knowing what he did but another part of me wants to smack him upside the head. What the hell were you doing that you discharged a gun that was also pointed at your loved one??????????????????

Can't imagine the pain he must be in but come on guy, ya gotta be a little smarter than that. So sad, not to mention it fuels the anti-gunner's fire.

It's amazing how rare it is that a gun fires when you don't pull the trigger while it's off safe.
  9. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

It's the first commandment of firearm safety: Always assume all guns are always loaded always.

The second:Never point your gun at anything that you don't have the intent to kill, or destroy.

The third:Never put your finger on the trigger until you have a proper sight-picture.

Muzzle awareness and trigger discipline are sacred. I know we're human, we can become complacent and make mistakes, but if he AT LEAST followed those three commandments, his boy would still be alive.

I feel sorry for the whole family, especially the father. But the anti-gunners are gonna have a field-day with this. Tragedies like this give reason to people who say we(All gun owners.) are too irresponsible for firearm ownership.

The whole thing makes me queasy.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

He obviously didnt practice the first rule of safe gun handling.. Ensure the weapon is unloaded. He could have easily done a press check and visually confirmed the weapon was clear and not spent more than 10 seconds doing it. That 10 seconds would have saved his boys life..

I realize it was an accident, but this doesnt make me sick.. It irritates me. This is yet another stat the gun grabbers will use in thier quest to take our guns away. And the worst part is, a 7 yr old boy had to lose his life to give them thier case. Thats the sickening part..
  11. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

i couldn't agree with you more
  12. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

Absolutely tragic!
  13. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I just heard about this on a Pittsburgh news report.

They said "the gun somehow discharged".:confused:

Somehow? That made it sound as if the gun was just setting there and for no reason at all it just discharged.

They interviewed someone from the gun shop, they said many people don't know to empty the chamber and think the gun is unloaded when they pull the mag. (they said "clip")

Really? People really believe that?

Maybe they should have given the guy some basics on loading and unloading a semi-auto handgun. When I worked in a gun shop I always asked if they know how to properly load and unload and went over the basics if they were new to guns.

But, some people are just stupid and you can't fix that. And no, I'm not blaming the shop that sold it.

I was taught at the age of 5 that ALL guns are always loaded. Even when you are positive it is not loaded it is treated as if it were. A simple rule that my dad and grandfather drilled into my little head.
  14. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder if an idiot like him should ever pick up a gun again.

It is a trajedy for the young boy who will never grow up and other family members who loved him, the father should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
  15. m77user

m77user Active Member

What I think does not matter. A family has lost a loved one. The advocates for gun control advocates will crucify the father and use this as thier talking point.