7 Year Old Boy Shot By Father

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    So so true my friend...:(

I preach & teach...
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN, NEVER EVER PERIOD.:mad:
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Y'all have already said all the things that I am thinking. My prayers go out for this family.
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

This is so very sad and incredible also. How could the guy have been so stupid?...
    Now he and his family have to live with this, the anti-gun people will have a field day and a lot more people will suffer. Guns are loaded period. I know mine are loaded and so does my wife. Guns are tools and they don't work without bullets just like a drill won't work without a drill bit - of course they are loaded.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hell even if I know they are unloaded i still visually check the chamber each and everytime I get one out. Its just smart.. Guns dont discharge themselves. There has to be an idiot behind the trigger..
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

attempt to place on safe...
    drop the source of feed...
    eject the chambered round and lock the bolt/slide to the rear...
    3 point safety check- chamber, magwell and bolt face...

oh, and don't point it at anything you don't wish to destroy...

so many safety measures not used, I wonder if this guy will shoot ever again?
  6. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I don't have to feel bad for the guy, he is going to feel bad enough for himself. I do feel bad for the rest of the family. I don't think the guy going to prison is going to change anything, either way he is going to have to live with what he did. Actually, prison may help it be easier on him. Outside life may be much worse for him than being inside steel and concrete. There will always be someone to remind him, and probably not in a good way. It was such a stupid waste of a young life. Guns are always treated as if they are loaded. Always point muzzle in a safe direction. Don't point at anything you don't intend to shoot. Keep finger off trigger until ready to shoot. Also I would question the gun shop if they looked at his guns, they didn't bother to do a safety check. That is the first thing you do when someone hands you a gun. Check to be sure it is safe to handle.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

While I was on my 8:30 break at work today, the local (Atlanta) news was on. This story came on briefly and it was saying something about the gun going off. I went to raising hell because we all know it just don't happen. There was one other person in the break room at the time and she asked me "Can that really happen?". I explained to her what a negligent discharge was and that there is no gun in the world that will just go off by itself. There are so many people who believe the drivel the media puts out!!! I don't want to call them ignorant, but . . . . . . . . .
  8. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

IMHO The guy was a idiot who lacked even a basic understanding of firearms and there safe handling. Clear violation or Rule #1 #2 and #3.