$70 Nagants from SOG this month...

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by polishshooter, Jul 5, 2007.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Crap, I KNEW I should have waited:p

Now I never expected them to go back to the $49.99 I paid for my first one but I ALWAYS thought $89.99 was a little high, so I jumped on one when they went to $79.99, then paid the $5 hand select and got a really nice 1934 Tula with the import markings under the barrel where it belongs, BUT...

$10 is $10 right?:p

Hey these are pretty fun AND Historical revolvers, and even though the Nagant ammo is pretty pricey still, but coming down, ($14.99/40 for the berdan target WC, $22.95/50 for the Hot Shot reloadable 98gr FMJs from SOG).... the Aquila 98 gr RNL .32 S&W long at $8/50 works pretty well in mine for cheap plinking, and I expect Wolf or Prvi to be making reloadable rounds for it reasonably priced really soon...in fact Wolf announced it a while ago but I haven't seen any yet....

Considering it comes with cleaning rod, lanyard, holster AND the cheap commie 2 bladed screwdriver that is pretty handy it's a STEAL at $69.99....
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Even better, Polish, SOG has some nice, Nazi marked, WWII, K-98 Mausers for sale as well! Now you have a chance to buy a really superior rifle if you hurry, instead of those cheapo Rooski Mossy Nags. :D ;) :rolleyes:

I saw the SOG ad too, Polish, and I must admit, I'm tempted to buy one. The only problem is, I have no idea what the heck I would use it for other than plinking at soda cans.
  3. polishshooter

Plinking at soda cans is fun with it too, PS!:p

Actually, it is one of those instances of "holding history" in my hands every time I pick it up, that unfortunately I do NOT always get with every Milsurp weapon, (LIKE Mausers!:p ) that I like...

I mean, it had almost the front line service time of our 1911s/1911A1s, and saw service with so MANY different Russian Governments from the Czars to the Supreme Soviet, in so many different wars and revolutions...but STILL probably killed more RUSSIANS than "foreigners...."
  4. Well, if I buy one I guess I'll have to pick up a trench coat to go with it. May as well look the part of an NKVD officer if armed like one. :eek: :rolleyes:
  5. polishshooter

I prefer to think of mine with some Partisan somewhere in the Pripet Marshes, with one in the snow covered flap holster and both hands carrying the explosives to blow the RR bridge when the Hitlerite train carrying fuel crosses over it....:p
  6. On second thought, maybe I'd be better off with a Walther P-38, Polish. :eek: :D
  7. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

heres a pic of my nagant

[​IMG]
    nice little shooter even if its from 1933:D
  8. polishshooter

SKS, I have it's kid brother born in '34....:D
  9. new sks 2005

new sks 2005 New Member

polishshoooter thats cool about your brother!!!these guns are loaded with history buy one.:D
  10. bull007

bull007 New Member

weres best place to buy yugo mauser right now is sog got nice ones