750 Round CZ PCR

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by exexpat93, Sep 8, 2005.

1. exexpat93

exexpat93 New Member

I took four guns I had not fired out to the country today.

Makarov
    PCR
    870 Shotgun
    Taurus 62 Gallery Gun

I fired until I was sore and deaf.

Makarov (9mm Mak). Wrist banger! No failures. A pain to reload as the mags were stiff. Fairly Accurate. I had the large aftermarket rubber grips on it and was glad I bought them. Very Fun!

PCR (9mm Para). Another wrist abuser! No failures. I bought 2 Full Sized CZ-75 mags as my pinky was way below the grip and the compact mags supplied looked to have weak springs - the full sized mags had much harder springs. No failures with the compact mags. More accurate than the Makarov. Very Fun!

870 with Synthetic Folding Stock (no recoil pad). This was just shoulder abuse. Not so fun. No failures.

Taurus 62 (22 long rifle). No failures. Very tight and has yet to be broken in. Relief during the pistol/shotgun shoots. No recoil (well, it's a 22lr). Super fun to shoot.

Rounds expended.

250 9mm Mak (mixed russian surplus, S+B, Wolf)
    750 9mm Para (mixed wolf and blazer)
    35 12 Gauge (remington)
    250 22 Long Rifle (remington green box)

Place looked like Kuwait City after Gulf War I. Lots of cleaning up after. Lots of shredded targets and cut down trees (sorry Arbor Society). I was covered cordite - blacked hands. Brass/Aluminum and plastic everywhere.

Very nice day - all firearms worked as advertised.

Easiest to clean - Makarov
    Hardest to clean - 870/62 toss up
    Note - CZ not as much goo on the inside as I expected for so many rounds fired.

Used the decock on the PCR often during the shoot to familarize myself with it. Double Action not as hard as the Makarov but still quite hard to pull. The painted on CZ finish was excellant. Works never gummed up. Plastic guide rod functioned even though things got hot. Single action - nice.
    I expected to see a failure to feed with supplied compact mags as springs seemed weak but NADA! Gun got heavy as the shoot progressed - lots of heavy shooting. The Makarov started to make a blister in the web of my hand when I shot it. The PCR was very comfy in the hand - not as natural a pointer as I would expect a full sized CZ-75 to be. I did not expect recoil too be as sharp as it was from the PCR but it was slightly less than the Makarov.

I like my PCR and it is a keeper.
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Your writing style is very familiar........

mike
    gn
  3. exexpat93

exexpat93 New Member

Glock - I think I've seen you over on the CZ Board too.

Guilty of "cut and paste" but this shoot was very fun for me - I seldom get to shoot so much and try out lots of firearms at the same time.

All guns were first time fires and the comparisions to each other were nice.