7mm load data

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Dewie, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Dewie

Dewie New Member

Just wondering if anyone would like to share any load data. I have a buddys 7mm and hes got 139 gr hornady interbond bullets. just woundering were to start with grains of powder. Thanks alot:)
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Something that would help is, "What kind of 7mm do you have?" The three most common are 7mm Remington Magnum, 7x57mm Mauser and 7mm/08, but there are a whole bunch of them out there.
  3. Dewie

Dewie New Member

sorry its 7mm rem mag.
  4. baldhunter

baldhunter New Member

I've got two loads I've for this bullet in my 7mag.Both are very accurate in my rifle.Just remember,never start with a load that is published,always start lower and work up and check for pressure signs as you go.My old tried and true load for many years is:65.3grs of IMR-4350,CCI Magnum 250 primer.A new load I just worked up and it is as good or maybe even better is:69.5grs Reloader-22,Winchester Large Rifle Magnum primer.Both of these loads chronograph a little over 3200fps out of my rifle.
  5. Dewie

Dewie New Member

ok thanks. new a reloading and the max load i got with imr 4350 powder is 62.8 gr. now i know most of you guys are pros at this but i just want the best group and speed safely. No disrespect to anyone. Just a new ignorant reloader.:confused:
  6. baldhunter

baldhunter New Member

The 7mag has been loaded down in recent years to make the newer calibers look so much better.It seems that is always the trend.When something new comes out it's loaded up nearer to max until something else comes along.When the 7mmSTW came out,it was compared to the 7mag,then the 7mmWSM,after that,most of the manuals I've seen have kept it fairly mild.Heck if I wanted my 7mag to shoot like a 280,I would have bought a 280.Here some more loads to check on this site http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=48 once again always work a load up.Never start with a max load.