7mm rem mag problem

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by longhaul, Jan 22, 2011.

1. longhaul

longhaul New Member

I just reloaded some 7mm mag. I loaded 10 rounds. the problem is some of the rounds when I seated the bullets they were lose right at the cantelure. it was very hard to get accurate c.o.l anyone have any suggestions. Ive been reading all the post here and learned alot from everyone. thank you very much
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

if they are loose its because the neck wasnt prioperly resized, if you sized your brass correctly the neck should have been tight all the way to the shoulder. My guess is your sizer die is not set correctly and is only sizing a small amount of the neck at the mouth and poking the primer out...
  3. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

By some odd manufacturing defect you bullets could be out of tolerance or got mixed up at the factory, check you bullet diameters with a caliper and verify they are correct and a consistent diameter.