1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Perhaps. No civilization lasts forever, but what does last is the parts of it that are not dependent for survival on a central government. As Bosephus said: "Country folks can survive".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwzYhVL5Sc
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:D Had to look up Bosephus.
    Yes, there are those who can survive. At one time I was happy to say I could live off the land, but not so sure how I could cope now. Might still have some of the skills, or could resurrect them. But that leaves the US as a bunch of individuals living on their own, not a unified nation with all the capabilities of a great nation of people, e pluribus unum.
  3. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

My wife and I were on a business trip recently, after the election. We were in southern Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida Panhandle, Alabama, and Missouri calling on customers. Now when I am visiting customers or prospective customers, I normally will not bring up politics or religion. But every single business we were in wanted to discuss the election results and what they were going to do. All were upset about it bigtime! Some were cutting employees, some were going from full time employees to partime, and any of them who were planning expansion have changed their minds and were not going to now. Many companies were looking forward to this election and had big plans for growth here in the USA once a conservative businessman got elected. Obviously the results changed all that. There is money for investment and growth, but now it will have to wait at least another 4 years. And if this country goes the route it seems to be heading, we will be just as bad or worst than Europe. It sounds more like civil unrest every day! Keep those "bugout bags" handy and your powder dry gentlemen!
  4. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Businesses are cutting or cutting back employees because of all the baggage that came with obos re-election, including impending Obamacare. I'm sure lots more companies will be leaving California for the same reasons.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

In other words, Watch this space.

Great insight, AL; Thanks for sharing. That's feet-on-the-ground insight that confirms what some of the conservative pundits have been saying in their e-newsletters.