8 shot .22 cal pistol Help!!!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gelrod88, May 4, 2010.

1. gelrod88

gelrod88 New Member

Can anyone help me with this one. I have an 8 shot .22 pistol. It says REGENT Firearms Intl. Corp. Washington D.C. and on the barrel it says CAL .22 L.R. Made in U.S.A. I know nothing about this gun...Thanks
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

I believe every thing but the frame of your firearm was made by Herman Weihrauch ( Arminius ),Germany, Is is a Arminus H.W. 3. After the 1968 Firearms control Act cut out the import of these small inexpensive firearms the importers got around the law by having the frames cast in the US and then assembling. the firearm in the US. These firearms were not made for substained firing. It was designed to be test fired and then placed in a night stand for the next 30 years, or perhaps wraped in a oily rag and kept in a fishing tackel box. It is not a high value item and perhaps would bring 75 dollars if in excellent conditon. Having the firearm assembled in the U.S with very cheap labor did nothing to enhance the quality of these firearms.
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. gelrod88

gelrod88 New Member

Thanks alot I appreciate it...