800 rounds an hour

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by REPEATER, Apr 8, 2012.

1. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

My question is, should I let it cool down in between or is it ok for them to heat up a bit. I had a blast with it. everytime I re loaded I said, ''last round'' and kept finding another box needing spent or something else to shoot at. 17 rounds of pump action goes fast!!!
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

What are you shooting?
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

That's 4 rounds per second Sorry you are not shooting a pump gun that fast.
  4. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

I bet you 1 MILLION DOLLARS I can put out 17 rounds in 6-7 seconds and reload it in 30 or less. Ok, maybe 1 1/2 TOPS
  5. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

model 62A .22 winchester
  6. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

800 rounds an hour is equal to 1 round every 4.5 seconds. Still is a lot of shooting,
  7. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Repeater,
    I've got one of the ROSSI copies - SAC62 carbine - It WILL pump out 14 rounds as fast as I can pump it - while holding the trigger back. 800 rounds seems a bit excessive with respect to heating and wearing the barrel. It is fun to "dump a mag" from the hip.
  8. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

cpttango , if loaded in 23 seconds or less. thats 34 rounds a minute. times 60 minutes = 2040 rounds??? even if you do 60 min times 60 sec you get 3600 seconds in an hour, divided by 800 is 1 round every 4.5 seconds genius...... 4.5 sec times 800 rounds thus gives you back you 3600 seconds. math is my area of expertise, welcome lol
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  9. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

mine will hold 16 with 1 chambered. you can squeeze one more in there though. it got warm, but not burn me warm. the thing is spot on at anything I shot at. Amazing little gun. still have 1100 rounds too. I cant just hold my trigger. it has to be released and the shot spent before you can cycle it again. or the hammer fully depressed. not even in the half cocked position can you cycle another round.
  10. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

in my eyes I didnt even shoot hal of its potential . im here to tell ya i did shoot 800 rounds in an hour. I was alone. all business:D guessing by responses, I should slow down and savour the round. and keep the gun cool.
  11. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This is just not realistic. Your math adds up but your story doesn't. You should have checked your watch better IMO.
  12. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

not good for the barrel
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Even if m math didnt add up (it was early).

Why would want to beat a nice old rifle like that?
  14. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

9 seconds to reload seamed a bit slim so i added the half hour. I invite you anytime?

as far as beating the gun? I dont see that. being a machinst, im not stupid. its a .22 round. the rifle is more than stout for it. maybe if time mattered, I might have kept a more scrutinized eye on it. fact is. i was hardly gone past 6 and a 20 min drive both ways a minus leaving a few before 4 leaves as much time as it took.
  15. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

He said 800 rounds per HOUR, not per minute.
    Machineguns shoot around 800 RPM of jacketed ammunition, and it takes quite a lot of shooting to wear a barrel out.
  16. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

thanks to the few that really answered my question... I think 800 rounds, at the end of the day, is still 800 rounds. just was curious on HEATING the barrel opinions....
  17. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

only IF you can reload that fast dont ya know
  18. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I'm not talking about the round. I am talking about you racking that pump so fast and hard. Its hard on t he action.
  19. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

well your concerns have been noted, but not to worry. I have already learned too hard is overkill, too soft can be just as bad if not worse, IMO..... the gun chambers a round better with some authority. I can feel the action. I dont slam it back or forward. your picturing a kamakazi with a 22 rather than a diligent shooter. its a metal gun, hardened steel. not a glass piece/wall hanger though. again, take into cosideration your off topic and I have no concern for the action of the gun. it is smooth and flawless through out the entire cycle. chambers a round so smooth you almost want to make for certain and see if it really did. the only issue I think the gun has is that the spent casing ejects straight up, coming straight down, unless you rotate it ever so slightly while shooting. adaptable, just slightly awkward
  20. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Repeater

i've seen club guns do 1200 rounds a day for 4 days solid and they are still about doing club work ( for folks who dont have their own gun here thanks to gun control )

5 guns did 20 shooters a day ( 4 shooters each) each one shooting 120 shotgun rounds in their event ( 6 rounds of 20 shot's each inc 1 practise round )

these are baikals and bently branded so not super high end at all

they do this rate 6 times a year ( bi monthly comp shoots ) and the baikals have to be 20 years old now add to this the casual hire and use between competitions

it should be ok