1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

800 rounds an hour

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by REPEATER, Apr 8, 2012.

1. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

thanks to the few that really answered my question... I think 800 rounds, at the end of the day, is still 800 rounds. just was curious on HEATING the barrel opinions....
  2. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

only IF you can reload that fast dont ya know
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I'm not talking about the round. I am talking about you racking that pump so fast and hard. Its hard on t he action.
  4. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

well your concerns have been noted, but not to worry. I have already learned too hard is overkill, too soft can be just as bad if not worse, IMO..... the gun chambers a round better with some authority. I can feel the action. I dont slam it back or forward. your picturing a kamakazi with a 22 rather than a diligent shooter. its a metal gun, hardened steel. not a glass piece/wall hanger though. again, take into cosideration your off topic and I have no concern for the action of the gun. it is smooth and flawless through out the entire cycle. chambers a round so smooth you almost want to make for certain and see if it really did. the only issue I think the gun has is that the spent casing ejects straight up, coming straight down, unless you rotate it ever so slightly while shooting. adaptable, just slightly awkward
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Repeater

i've seen club guns do 1200 rounds a day for 4 days solid and they are still about doing club work ( for folks who dont have their own gun here thanks to gun control )

5 guns did 20 shooters a day ( 4 shooters each) each one shooting 120 shotgun rounds in their event ( 6 rounds of 20 shot's each inc 1 practise round )

these are baikals and bently branded so not super high end at all

they do this rate 6 times a year ( bi monthly comp shoots ) and the baikals have to be 20 years old now add to this the casual hire and use between competitions

it should be ok
  6. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

WOW... thats a lot of shooting over a long period. I probably wont shoot it again for years. Ill give it a final oil down tomorrow and back into the cave it goes. time to find some ammo for the .32 1873 winchester now. Can't wait to get it out!! I seen a guy shooting one on tv(SONS OF GUNS), so I know its out there!
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

but remember these are doubles guns break action , that sort of work on a pump action will add wear to bearing points ( hinge pins etc) and other bits , lube well and check for wear on pins and other places and replace when they show the first sign of wear as that wear will influence other parts , create jamming and sticking and getting you to force stuff .. , the more bits , the more can and will go wrong with use .. and why the clubs dont use pumpies one way to beat wear on pivot points is to use coiled spring pins adapted instead of the solid pins they regularly use ..

i setup pumpies for the pro piggers here this way , doubles field life eh
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  8. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

I havent dug to deep into the design, but its rather empressively simple. the top of the gun slides back, making contact with the hammer, ejecter pops, ejects the casing, and houses the next round. sliding it forward chambers the round. it feels like sliconized grease is lubing it. very smooth. seems like there is very few contact points to wear out and prevent the proper function. also it is the 4th variation of its model, and each variation was to improve what was considered a flaw. leading to what Im to believe as a perfectly designed model 62A. I was surprised to see parts available for it though. makes me want to get a spare everything just in case
  9. Lee D

Lee D New Member

ok....so if you did accomplish this 800 per hour, can i ask why? i love the .22 rimfire, but i dont see how this would really be considered a fun day at the range with a .22. kinda reminds me of the young guys who turn their pistols sideways and dump mags as fast as they can, but dont care if they hit sh*t. waste of time, and ammo. call me crazy, id sooner take my time and shoot for tiny groups.
  10. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

Is the 62A a similar design to the win 1890?
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hey i shoot crazy , 2 here 2 there 2 over there ;)

with my EAA witness heck i do 200 in less than 30 mins easy this way

ever seen IPSC shoots ? fast action shoot? dump 3 clips in 12 seconds round after round after round , the higher you get the less time between rounds ..

if i'm into a patch of bunnies i always wish for my old sterling semi but it's bolt action only here so i empty 5 round clip after 5 round clips , or more often empty a clip and recover bunnies as the rest have fled while i changed out ..

each shoots to their own , he may have a reason , he may just be rich and think its fun , who cares ?? as long as he aint a jihadi does it safe , knows its his but etc etc etc what the beef ?

rock and roll !!!

wish i could afford it , its fun ..

i went to dry creek in 2003 , cant wait to do that again ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSyUsPuyDo&list=UURGunjQfit_BupkJKW_geyw&index=29&feature=plcp
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  12. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

lol, range??? No no no. When you have 2000 rounds that need disposed of, and your the only one trying to accomplish the task, you'd sooner be right there just the same. I aimed, I pulled the trigger and reloaded. Faster than others obviously. I dont need to hold the gun ten seconds and second guess my every shot. I put what I want a hole in front of the gun, and I put a hole there. 10 feet or fifty yards. Openly admitting to taking a bit longer on the far shots. But even then, Its not rocket science. Know the gun you shoot and I guess the speed and accuracy will follow. So not really a waste of time. or ammo. Not to mention they are .22 rounds. Not like im spending $5 a round like some of you hard hitters out there. The gun was slightly sideways as well. but as stated, the spent casings go straight up and straight down. A young guy? lol.... The people that started slanting their guns are well into a grandparents age now.
  13. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

The 62a is whats become of the 1890. Many parts interchange as well from the research ive done
  14. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Repeater they are incredible fun guns. And yes they are capable of that, And are fun to every once in a while point it at a big target and just keep the trigger held. Weather you have the Winny or the Taurus/Henry/Rossi they really are fun guns and will eat everyone you put in them. I suspect you might already own one of these but if not, Give them a try http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS120-1.html
  15. REPEATER

REPEATER New Member

ROCK AND ROLL. I dig those full auto hand guns!!!! Nice video!!!!

I do not own one.. wow 120 rounds..... I bet I could really spend some ammo with that. dont think it belongs on my pump though. very interesting though. now I need another 22 I can BEAT!!!